Armeggon Empires-PA TB Strat Demo

magerette

Hedgewitch
I ran across this little number in my daily voyage across the internet, and it looks like it might appeal to some of the people here. It's an Indie turn based strategy game set in a post-apocalyptic world, and this is the latest version of the demo at gamershell.

The demo, unless they've issued a new one, contains no tutorial at all. There's a .pdf manual if you want to print it off though.
But the game has zero tool-tips or anything in-game that actually explains any of the features, which put me right off.

I hate that, too. You'd think that the first concern of making a demo would be to make the game accessible and inviting. Especially an Indie game. At least on this one they've put a huge a pdf manual on the dev's website (Cryptic Comet) that looks pretty exhaustive if you think it's worth checking out.

Yeah, but the demo doesn't even support alt-tab out or windowed mode, so if you want to access the manual you've got to waste the paper and ink to print it.

What, you can't memorize 58 pages of text? What kind of a strat gamer are you, my son? ;)

Seriously--this isn't a game I probably would play(--the guns and all, you know. I'm a pointy-hatted wizard fan personally--) and most especially not if I have to struggle through a demo that requires ESP.

Just stuck it up for the kind of unique approach.

Well, from what I've read from people who have persevered through the demo, it's quite a good game with a unique approach that works.
But I'm just not that dedicated!

Back
Top Bottom