Ravensdale - Kickstarter Live

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Black Forest Games (the former Spellbound), launched a new Kickstarter campaign for Ravensdale. After a long odyssey from tech demo over action-RPG to a hack&slash game it finally became ... a platformer for single and coop play!

They're asking for $500k, which seems quite optimistic despite one successfully shipped Kickstarter. Their last game Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams was released late last year and received masses of positive reviews.

There aren't any recognizable RPG elements left in Ravensdale. We only posted this to complete the story.

More information.

I remember the old Ravensdale news, but wasn't aware about Black Forest Games being Spellbound. Sadly about turning the game in a platformer..

No idea why they think they can get half a million bucks for that project. Giana Sisters was at least an old and beloved IP, but this? Sometimes I really wonder...

Yeah, really strange. What made them even think they'd have a chance to get 500k? Why not make the next Giana instead ?

Looks competent technically, unlike some recent efforts, just not a genre that interests me. Suppose they are going to suffer for not being sonic or mario.

Yeah this is not the right forum for this title. but i really really enjoyed playing giana sisters remake. it was simply fantastic. I hope they are marketing it the right way because these guys are solid.

Nope, no effect, no buy.

+1

Seems it's one of those phylosophies, you sell a game and then instead of going new stuff, you're cloning the hit. Maybe it'll also be a succes, but not from my pocket (of view).

No, they've tried for years to get funding for Ravensdale as an action RPG (or later action game). Nobody cared about it.

The collapse of Jowood, and ArcaniA: Gothic 4 is probably why no one wanted to invest in any of their future RPG's.

I'm sad that Ravensdale has become what it is.:tears:

Yeah, I backed it based on Giana Sisters and it looked reasonable. However, halfway through they are not even up to 10% of their absurd goal.

They may have made it if they made it an rpg but as a platformer they don't even have a chance.

Back
Top Bottom