BioWare Mythic - Drops "BioWare"

Victory also dropped the Bioware label. That's two studios now. There the the ones making the F2P C&C abomination.

The BioWare name has lost its luster and is apparently becoming a drawback. Who would have thunk it. How the mighty have fallen. That said, DA 3 yet still might be a chance to restore the shine to the name, and I won't count them out just yet.

A very interesting story. I think it shows that EA execs are aware that although ME3 sold well ($200m at retail) and DA2 made a profit despite lowish sales (short development cycle), these profits were realized by eating into the value of the brand. I thought the execs were too high in their ivory towers to understand this. Just waiting now for EA to assume direct control of their "divisions" in Edmonton and Montreal.

@Gaxkang
I agree with the conclusion that EA finally realise that they tarnished the bioware brand.
I still enjoyed ME3, even though I detested the console limitations that impacted PC gameplay. Trying DA2 for the first time now, not really agreeing with all the splatter and "anime" feel to it.

I think Bioware were put on a to high piedestal before, and that made them recieve more flak than what would be the normal case.

I really wonder were Bioware will go, there is still lots of talent there. If they dont get back in shape, who will give me my fix of story driven games?
( I have never managed to finish a sandbox game like skyrim or FO3)

C

Bioware did themselves in and has been for some time. But we argue that endlessly on these boards. It just took a $300m project to fail for EA to finally say, "hmmm..there's something about that emperor."

The name change for Mythic IIRC came shortly of the acquisition of the merged company when EA and the Mythic portion didn't see eye to eye. EA basically put Bio in charge of it.

I did some checking and KlickNation, their Facebook arm, is still Bioware Sacramento.

Bring on the biohate, so predictable, love the euro.

Bring on the biohate, so predictable, love the euro.

Well everyone can't be a paragon of internet justice like you appear to be. Right?:p

Ahh but you can sure be the norm.

You just have to chill out. People are either going to love them or hate them. It's nothing new. I have seen you do the same to other games also.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom