DA:O Brecilian Woods Question (Spoiler)

Dragon Age: Origins

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch
OK the Drake is taking me out with 75% of its health left. Not good.

My first reaction is to head over to RedCliffe instead but I hear the game simply uses level scaling? Is it just unreasonably difficult?

I'm a warrior, warrior, thief, mage party. Pretty much level 8 across the board.

I just did that battle! I got wasted the first time, too, but managed to win the second time. The shield fighter got wasted very early in the battle and, after a bit of zapping, the dragon started chasing my poor little mage all over the room while the rogue shot it up with fire arrows. Eventually the dragon pinned my mage to the ground and ripped her to shreds but there wasn't much left of the dragon's health by that time so down it went.

Definitely a very hard battle even on normal difficulty.

Hmmm... what level were you at? How did you fare after that? This game is veeeery hard in places.

9th level with one character at 8th. I think the lion's share of the damage was done by my the thief with her bow and fire arrows and the occasional big smash from the two handed fighter (jeez, I've got to start memorizing these folks' names). My mage did a good bit of damage at first but mostly stuck to healing and potion quaffing while being chased.

Here's a quick video of what I had before the fight. Does that look on par with your equipment? If so, could you make a video of one of your fights so we could get an idea of what might be going wrong?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom