Bethesda Softworks - Fallout 4 Hints?

I thought T-Dog was a boring and tedious cliché character. Then again, FO3 had pretty boring characters and bad writing overall.

I really liked him while he was just a voice on the radio. I was very disspointed that it was actually possible, even required, to meet him in person. That took all the magic out of it. They should have had him blown up just before you can reach him, system shock style...

Both Fallouts struggled with not nearly enough stuff on the radio to compensate for the hundreds of hours people play the games. Repetition happens very, very frequently. They either need to rethink the idea of radios in general, or add hundreds of tracks, commercials, etc to keep the content fresh.

It'd also be nice to see Bethesda learn from the modding community too. Bethesda companions are so cardboard as to be pathetic. If you compare Lydia to Vilja or some of the Interesting NPC characters, Lydia looks like she was written by an imbecile. Even the companions from FNV don't compare to free stuff done by the community(Willow for example). Each companion needs to have thousands of lines of dialogue, which should be possible on the new consoles. Bethesda was limited by ancient console technology but this shouldn't be an excuse this time. I'd rather have 4,000 lines from a nobody than 50 lines by Ashton Kutcher or Daniel Craig.

While I'm at it, I'd love to see the timeline move up a bit. It's crazy to think that humans wouldn't rebuild. Let's get rid of most of the debris and start to have some semblance of cleanliness and structure in populated areas. Leave garbage for ruined areas only.

Last edited:
I really liked him while he was just a voice on the radio. I was very disspointed that it was actually possible, even required, to meet him in person. That took all the magic out of it. They should have had him blown up just before you can reach him, system shock style…

They are probably including him so there is some connectivity with the story in FO3. I didn't mind meeting him in person, although the interaction was on the weak side.

Both Fallouts struggled with not nearly enough stuff on the radio to compensate for the hundreds of hours people play the games. Repetition happens very, very frequently. They either need to rethink the idea of radios in general, or add hundreds of tracks, commercials, etc to keep the content fresh.

Having more radio content would make a nice, free, DLC; that way they don't bulk up the game download.

Yep I suppose I might have been inclined to fork over a few bucks for a DLC that just adds a new radio station :biggrin:

I'll take a Fallout 4 by Bethesda any day of the week and twice on Sundays. :)

There's not exactly a plethora of studios out there that can do an open-world FO better or are even willing to try.

Even if FNV was way better for me than FO3 I don't think is right to hate Bethesda, atleast they can potentialy convert with such games that they label as RPG someone into genre, last game that I played that I enjoyed alot was Wasteland for the first time but I doubt some one would get into the genre with that game as his first experience.

What did you want to say with that link? That the uploader there is plain retarded: she smokes if she has a lighter in a postapoc world?

Why did you comment if you clearly didn't watch it past the first minute or so? But given that you're lazy, here's the deal: the mod is bad and creepy. It's wish fulfillment (the companion starts giving you a naked dance as long as you've given her enough teddy bears to raise her "happiness points") for neckbeards with horrible voice acting to boot. So, seeing it cited as an excellent mod and better than Obsidian's companion honestly confused me.

Who didn't see this coming. I'm sure five and six are on the way eventually also. Anyway Three dog is known as the annoying voice I always muted or turned off playing.

Yeah, I can't even stand watching gameplay clips on YouTube where some dweeb has the game soundtrack blasting while he's doing all his button mashing. I do really like the way they did the radios in FO3 and New Vegas, though. I always leave them turned on in the lairs so I can listen while I'm dicking around with my equipment and decorating and such. Seems a good compromise. Personally, I liked the the NV stations better along with everything else about NV, but FO3 was still a lot of fun and I'm sure FO4 will be as well.

The Willow Companion mod is excellent, though that guy who made the youtube video seems to be a fuckwit.

The Willow Companion mod is excellent, though that guy who made the youtube video seems to be a fuckwit.

Exactly. Willow has gotten tons of praise heaped upon the mod by anyone with a brain. It is lightyears ahead of Lydia's, "Oh look, here's a cave."

Back
Top Bottom