The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

The Wild Dogs are involved in the parade downtown tonight. Chances are good I won't get home before 9 (session start is 7 for me). Probably best to assume I'm totally MIA. :(

Keep track of what y'all run since I'll have to figure out what to run to get Bot caught up. His biggest problem will be XP since I've been reserving him for the group and he's already lagging a bit (middle of lvl 11).

If needs be I can run my other 11 fighter with you next week or this weekend. Get both ours caught up.

Ok, now I hate to talk about a fellow gamer who participates in this thread and in our Friday game sessions…….BUT…………….there is a certain someone who I think has been working too much or maybe he decided the group needed a looong lesion in topography, maze mapping, and other general engineer brain work.

We ran a very tedious quest, full of mazes, both above and below water and after an hour he who can not be named (Dte) informed the group we only needed one more token or whatever it was………should have made him eat them?………to get the extra reward at the end. Ok no big deal, he had all the maps, sorted out the trail, we just had to back track and find the one missing room.

45 MINUTES LATER!!!!!!

Group: "Ok lets forget it. We missed something lets just end this and get out."

Dte: Silence…………………You guys are gonna kill me…………….

Silence………………

Dte: "Lets just finish it…..we can get it……..I umm……..your gonna kill me…….I have them….Lets go finish the quest."

After a short attempt to force the game into pvp mode just for one min, we did laugh our butts off at the fact that even Corwin had run the rooms so many times ever he was no longer getting lost. (And Corwin gets lost in an open room with only one door.)

I told you Dte……….payback is hell………and we have all night Friday to see what we can come up with. :cm:

I am having muchly of the shame. :(

Shadow Crypt. We don't need no stinkin' maps. It's not that hard as long as you keep track of how many gears you've picked up. It's a real bitch to find the 3rd green gear when it's already in your inventory.

There's a reason I usually carry them; I can count. ;)

Thinking about it, I think it would serve Corwin's Bard and Sorcerer more to not farm the Sora Kell set. His Rogue can definitely make use of it for the melee buffs.

In both cases, they suffer from a lack of hp, and the Sora Kell set precludes using a Minos Legends, which gives 20hp. It's partially the same reason why Aerii, who isn't as squishy,won't take it. It also doesn't help pure casting characters, like Ambrer or Reywinnd, as much as melee/caster hybrids like Mirys or Sherrille.

Characters like Fireflash can survive the loss of 20hp, thanks to self healing and evasion. But an already squishy character without evasion needs all the help they can get; we need to farm out Greater False Life items for all of us, but Corwin's critters especially. These are generally expensive on the AH, but 30hp is 30hp.

Instead, we need to get him the Master Transmuter's Staff, which gives Superior Potency VI, as well as Greater Transmutation Focus (goof for spells like Flesh to Stone), and a Minos. Alternately, a fairly inexpensive Superior Potency VI scepter off the AH; they used to run about 13k plat when I bought Aerii's original.

For Corwin's Bard, we might find a light shield with Greater False Life on it; he's too low on hp to melee and can't TWF so the offhand might be better served for hp. The main hand again can carry a Sup Pot VI item, to boost his own healing spells up.

As an aside, we need to list who needs what, so we can plan out our farming runs.

Rachail needs both Katra's Wit and Maenya's Fists, while Fireflash needs the same. Fireflash also needs two of the Shadow Staff out of the second Lordsmarch chain, and one more Hooked Blade. I intend to split the Sword of Fury into a pair of vampiric Short Swords, which means I need the Ogrish War Axe as well out of the second pack.

We're at level for normal runs of the second pack mostly, so we can hit it as well to alleviate the boredom of running the first Lordsmarch pack repeatedly.

I demand Dte take his shoes off before he starts playing again however.....then he can count on his toes as well as use his fingers. ;)

I can count to 21 just fine, thank you. ;)

We have to start doing raids. If we get our bunch and pug in the rest we can do them. Even if we start some of the lower level ones first and work our way up. We just use game chat during the raids. We need to get some good stuff and matts for upgrading.

NOW, YOU and Dte playing together!!!!!!!!!! That is something I'd enjoy seeing!!!!! :D

I am going out of town on the 12th and will be gone til the 20th. Hopefully I get a few days gaming in before I leave.

I assume that means you will be deserting us next Friday!! Hope it's not something serious with your folks. I'll try to get online when I can in the next couple of days.

Mirys is about 1 small and 3 medium ingredients from a Tier II Lightning GS Falchion. TIII is a bit more, but I think if I can hit a few farming runs of the Shroud with Rachail, then do the same with Mirys before crafting, I may get enough mats to have a full TIII Lightning II Falchion for general obliteration.

Even the TII Lightning is considerably more powerful than most loot-gen weapons will be, slightly stronger than a +5 Holy of PG of the same type.

Whats more, is I almost have enough mats for a cloak or goggles, missing only the pie pieces (some) and twigs. One will be a hp/con opp item eventually, the other a sp/+5CHA skills item.

And you know what? I don't understand a single thing you said!! :)

I'm not saying a word... ;)

Attachments

• PCcool.JPG
    PCcool.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 14
Meh. Shoulda used duct tape. ;)

DDO has a update live, not sure what it entails though. Probably just bug fixes. At any rate, it's short and sweet, remember to have it done for Friday, but it probably won't matter much for anyone but Corwin, who takes forever to download anything. ;)

Back
Top Bottom