ES4: Knights of the Nine - Review @ Gameplay Monthly

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Knights of the Nine has been reviewed at Gameplay Monthly. The score is 'A-' and apparently this content includes some non-linear questing:
Don't worry though, the rest of the quests in Knights of the Nine are not tedious at all. The rest of the quest-line includes item gathering which may not seem so exciting at first glance, but upon doing these quests, this is not the case. These quests are by far the best in the game, for they are not the linear dungeon crawlers you have done over a hundred times now, they are truly complex and require some thought put into them. For example, one quest tests your patience in combat; another is a series of riddles that open new path. These are nothing like those boring Fighter's Guild quests.
More information.

If this "expansion" had one major flaw, it is just that it doesn't feel like an expansion.

I think in every preview/interview I've come across for Knights of the Nine, Pete Hines (or other Bethesda Rep.) makes an explicit point of stating that the PC Retail Box of Knights of the Nine is NOT an expansion. The word 'Expansion' appears nowhere on the PC Retail Box.

If you download Knights of the Nine, it is downloadable content, like all the others.

Yet, this must be the 3rd or 4th time I've read in a Review or Preview where the reviewer complains that Knights of the Nine 'doesn't feel like a real expansion.'

This is really a minor complaint. But added together with the thousands of other little 'incorrect facts' you read in articles on the net, it just contributes to the overall perception that internet authors are very unprofessional because of the totality and consistency of inaccuracies.

I agree. With gaming news and even regular news.

Back
Top Bottom