The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Because it's 100 years in five days (first perfomance 29th of May 1913).
And because it's my all time favourite piece of classical music.

pibbur who also likes Holst, Bartok and Janacek. Orff (but not orf). Not the Mozarts either. Or the Bachs (Johan Sebastian and Offen) or the Straussesssss (except maybe Ricky).

Switching from Stravinskij, here's Wall of Voodoo from a loooong time ago, performing a Johnny Cash cover:

pibbur who still listens to them, even if he isn't too happy about mr Ridgeway's (in pibbur's ears) somewhat over-pronounced R's

Another band I listen to quite a lot is Panic Room:

From their first album, Satellite:

From their second album, Skin:

In the 2012 "Prog" readers' poll, the singer, Anne-Marie Helder was ranked as the second best female vocalist, after Lee Douglas of Anathema (Another great band) fame.

pibbur who has a cat. And who in a short period of time has posted Stravinskij, Wall of Voodoo and now Panic Room, and therefore thinks he can enjoy most kinds of music, country music and the (norwegian) band D.D.E being notable exceptions.

Last edited:
Stravinsky's The Rite of Spring is one of my favourites.

And because pibbur mentioned it, and since pibbur is from Norway, I decided to listen to
Nordisk Sang.

Bånsull - YouTube: d_1gfBoikk

Heiemo og Nykkjen - YouTube: Gf1RHyuuLnI

I've just discovered The Pros and Cons of Hitch-hiking by Roger Waters. No idea why I didn't listen to the album a long time ago. Up until a few days ago the only song I knew from it was Every Stranger's Eyes. But I'm discovering the whole album is amazing. Among my favorites are Running Shoes and Go Fishing. Just brilliant.

Too bad for the awful album concept art. At least I find it stupid, for such an amazing album.

Recently started to listen to Queens of the Stone Age. Decided to finally check them up after listening to the supergroup Them Crooked Vulturs where guitarist/vocalist Josh Home is one of the members.

I really like ther latest album, released 3rd of june this year.

pibbur who doesn't have a tail

I've just discovered The Pros and Cons of Hitch-hiking by Roger Waters. No idea why I didn't listen to the album a long time ago. Up until a few days ago the only song I knew from it was Every Stranger's Eyes. But I'm discovering the whole album is amazing. Among my favorites are Running Shoes and Go Fishing. Just brilliant.

Too bad for the awful album concept art. At least I find it stupid, for such an amazing album.

It's a great album, I still listen to it. IMO it's the second best solo album by Waters, after the really great "Amused to Death".

pibbur who doesn't play golf, and doesn't know any rolling stone with or without broken bones

My favorite internet station is SomaFM.com. The Lush channel is by far what I listen to the most. I always have it playing while at work which is right now.

Some cool guitar heroines:

Valentino's Victory Lap by Gretchen Menn

Scrap Metal by Gretchen Menn

Zepparella Dazed and Confused

Nathan Navarro (ft Annie) - "We Will Rise" Music Video

Orianthi "How do you Sleep" At: Guitar Center

The Iron Maidens at Namm 2012 - The trooper

@dteowner
Makaras Pen is really good - didn't know them before your post - thank you.

@Omega - funny video, but not exactly my favourite music style.
maybe you like this one too:
Ne Para uncensored - some kind of eastern european funny sexy Polka Rap :)

Last edited:
@dteowner
Makaras Pen is really good - didn't know them before your post - thank you.
Glad you enjoyed them. They're wonderful people, too. I called into the studio the day they finished mixing their first release and had a nice talk with the whole band. I've exchanged lots of emails with Doug and Val and Dennis, too. Just really nice folks. They're planning on putting out an EP this summer. Doug sent me a couple demos and the sound is great. You might take a listen to Tearwave as well. That's Doug's band prior to Da Pen—they've got a similar sound but a little more goth primarily due to Jenn's haunting voice.

edit
Here's my favorite track from Tearwave:
"Melinda"
And here's one from their second release that's a little more upbeat:
"Nothing's Wrong"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom