What games are you playing now?

Not if they are held in place by some glasses.

how's shadowgrounds survivor mike. i've had it since it moved from preorder to available on totalgaming.net but haven't as of yet played it. but all of this aliens talk in another thread and the fact that the quadrilogy is on sale at fry's now for $15 bucks means i might be in need of an alien survival fix.

It is bigger, better and badder than the original in every way ... cool top down shooter. Minimal plot, maximal carnage!

As far as the Witcher goes, I have to say that in my point of view, it's worth every bit of praise it's getting here! I played it some more last night (up til 1am on a work night) and kept thinking to myself "..Good Lord of the Tigers! THIS GAME FRIGGEN ROCKS!!" Granted that I'm not very far into it, but Ive been spending a lot of time talking to everyone and really checking out and reading and looking at everything and playing all minigames and exploring every nook and cranny of the maps, this is an incredibly detailed game.

I wasnt really interested in alchemy at first, but now I'm totally into it, tho I'm speccing more warrior so I'm going to have to buy or score components another way. Nice looking game too, and runs good for as well as it looks, tho I have turned it down a bit, it still looks awesome.

Although I can say that the crypt experience was pretty funny, i expected the worst and went in loaded for bear. Talk about being all dressed up and nowhere to go, I ran around buffed a while after that one, first totally stomping the dudes at Mikuls post. The first time I had fought ghouls, it was a suprise attack on me walking into an abandoned house. It was one of those fights vs a new monster type where caught off guard (and still not 100% w/ combat system too), I got all the way down to practically dead, but I won. The ghoul hit the ground. It was exciting, my heart was pounding! The next house held 2 ghouls, and that's where I met my first death. So I went into that crypt with some paws of doom (and some more bronze talents) goin on....

chuckling to myself, "hmmm.. this is it?" ='.'=

Virtual Villagers going on here and at work. Ive got this one villager that's pissing me off because I cant get him to do anything! Unlike most titles where you can simply.. "deal" with unruly minions in some fashion, there's really nothing that I can do about this little cuss. Granted, he's only 14, but really that's no excuse when his peers his age are tending fields and doing research!

Last edited:
It just gets worse and worse, too. When the critters get 200+hp, a battle takes "just a bit" longer, so that "one more battle before bedtime" decision involves a larger investment of time. Pretty soon, it's 4am and your eyes are crossed.

A similar thing happened to me last night with Evil Genius. *sigh*

As far as the Witcher goes, I have to say that in my point of view, it's worth every bit of praise it's getting here! I played it some more last night (up til 1am on a work night) and kept thinking to myself "..Good Lord of the Tigers! THIS GAME FRIGGEN ROCKS!!"

Yeah, I had the same thing happen in the crypt. Even the crypt boss was down in two Aard signs and a finisher. Ghouls are pretty easy, at least at this stage... I just moved into Chapter 2 last night so we'll see how that goes. I've also been losing some sleep on work nights because of this game.

Went rooting thru my stack of games for something to play following Eschalon. But do I pick one of the 8 new ones waiting on my shelf? Not a chance. X2 for me, which is even more bizarre since X3 is one of the new ones. I wanted to fire up Space Rangers 2, but the idea of learning a new interface was simply too daunting for my tremendously lazy butt.

I am having a blast, though, so I guess it wasn't an all bad decision.

Just finished Gods: Lands of Infinity. My expectations were pretty low, but I was pleasantly surprised. It's probably the best looking turn based RPG I've ever played. The graphics, artwork, and music are definitely its strong points, and on maximum difficulty I found it to be quite well balanced with some challenging battles.
On the downside, exploration is very limited, there isn't enough story or NPC interaction, and the game gets quite linear, particulary the second half.

@xSamhainx: it sounds like you just might want to start over at Hard difficulty -- if you play it tactically (i.e., use potions and oils intelligently, pick your fights and so on), the fighting gets pretty easy for most of the game.

Just finished Gods: Lands of Infinity. My expectations were pretty low, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I liked it as well - but the weird camera swinging around during battles I found annoying.

The "Special Edition" of Gods: Land of Infinity isn't available here in Germany, alas !

@Alrik-sure it is, if you're willing to get the downloadable edition at totalgaming.

I wrote a review of the game eons ago and found it an enjoyable romp with a few problems, some of which were addressed in the new edition!!

Whoohooo!! Just played through the first part (sewers) of Chapter 2 of The Witcher. Man, I thought Chapter 1 was cool, but this is just amazing. It's almost like watching a movie! The sewers are so detailed (graphically speaking). If any game is worthy of being called a work of art it's this one!... The cut-scene when Geralt first enters the sewer - priceless!

We're in the same spot. Usually sewers are lame, these are the prettiest sewers Ive ever seen! More suprising is how well it's running on my machine.

Back
Top Bottom