Witcher annoyance things in the Witcher

The Witcher

Remus

Antihero
My character like to put away his weapon or torch when i'm exploring dangerous places. And i like the sword to be always drawn, readied for combat instead of seeing the animation of my character reaching for weapon when something already chewing his ass...

My character like to put away his weapon or torch when i'm exploring dangerous places. And i like the sword to be always drawn, readied for combat instead of seeing the animation of my character reaching for weapon when something already chewing his ass...

Type Q and E to draw your steel or silver sword, respectively.

Yeah it is annoying especially with the torch when you're out of Cat. Maybe it's a bug or maybe the game is simply programmed to do so.

I don't think it's bug, it's more like unintended behavior because in another situation, if your weapons are drawn and wanted to speak to particular character (happened once to me by clicking the character) you end up slashing him/her instead of talking. So your character will automatically put away his weapon after awhile.

Then it's not a smart decision by the devs. I had no problems with the swords as I tend to keep them away when I'm not fighting, the torch is considered a weapon by the script so Geralt puts it away after a while which is really annoying when you're in a dark cave and out of Cat.

First of all, why would you be out of cat? It's one of the easiest potions to make. "...A Witcher without his potions is half a Witcher..." ;)

I do agree though that the automatic sheathing of weapons is annoying. Weren't they supposed to change that in the enhanced edition?

The further in to the game the more often the game crashed on me.

I am in chapter three and often after an hour playing the game will crash with Vista telling me " the program stopped responding and need to close..." crap. And yeah, the loading time also seem to become longer.

I was also so annoyed by that, sometimes I just kept running in the dark, so stupid to sheat the torch in a dark room, and also while fighting couldn't he put the torch on the ground or some such??? and how can he keep lighting the torch even if he is out of flint?? but he can't light a camp fire, even if he has a torch! I do not have much respect for his skills.

The Vista Hotfix already included in the Vista SP1 patch and i'm using it now.

The amount of save games seem to weight heavily when i click into save game. Could it causes anything else bad to running the game?

Not really, unless you haven't started a new game and are using pre-1.3 patch savegames.

Hmm, i am in chapter 3 now and don't want to start anew.

At least the in-game joke "when a Witcher see a woman he would whip out his "sword" as fast as he whip out his sword when see a monster" made my day.

Speaking of sword, how do i enhance a sword with diamond dust and such? I brought a silver sword and items that supposedly could increases the weapon damage to blacksmith, but only presented with regular trading screen.

Diamond dust is only a temporary enhancement, like the oils or whetstone. Geralt applies it himself and it lasts a certain number of hours.

what about the meteoriod stones or something? how to forge a sword from them it's worth it?

The meteorite stones are permanent enhancements, and yes, you can only get them by reforging your sword at a blacksmith. It is worth it imo, as you can see a noticeable improvement to combat.

I never figured out how to do that, even if I visisted many blacksmithes and had many metorite stones.

Uh.. well, A: You can only use meteorite stones on your two-handed broadsword, and only rune stones on your Witcher's sword.

B: iirc you must select "reforge weapon" dialogue option (or something similar) when talking with the blacksmith. Then you must drag and drop the items onto the sword in your inventory slot, and then options will appear in his inventory slot for what he can do with your choices.... But it's been awhile so I can't remember exactly. It may be that the choices already apper in his inventory based on the stones you have in yours. Whatever the case I know it works.

When I selected to upgrade the sword the blacksmith just offered me a trading screen where the possible meteorite swords (I had 3 blue and one red meteorite, so two swords were available) are for sale at 5-600 (the latter for the sword with 3 blue pieces). The whole thing is a bit funky as I got to keep my old sword...

Back
Top Bottom