Fallout 2 - An Outsider's Perspective

Hey, at leat you guys get lucky.... And have the 3rd season of the (new) Dr. Who show. I have only seen the 1st season, and even though I live in Denmark, I've had to watch the episodes on SVT2 (swedish national channel TV2) since they aired at about 8PM in the evening, while the Danish television of course :rolleyes: aired the episodes about 11.30PM or even 0.30AM ---- really great time :rolleyes:

I would love a Dr. WHO tread --- as I am fan, too...

Last edited:
I haven't seen the Chaser before, Corwin, just that Doctor Who song. I keep meaning to check out their other stuff to see if it's all that good!

And Aries, I kinda know where you're coming from there. Here in Canada, the CBC airs the new Doctor Who seasons, but they keep showing them later and later from the original airdates in the UK, and they co-produced the show! The new season just started here, and it's almost over in the UK - the CBC seems to regard Who as their throwaway show, putting it on when it won't interfere with anything else (it's pre-empted this coming week for farking soccer).
BBCKids airs the original series, from the 3rd to 7th Doctors (Pertwee to McCoy), but at ridiculous times (ie anywhere between midnight and 4am) and they've recently cut down the schedule from being daily (they used to air 2-4 episodes per day) to just on Saturdays. And, I'm guessing due to rights issues, they don't air any of the Dalek episodes.

We're just getting the 3rd series here, but my son has an alternative source where he gets them the day after they air in the UK!! :) He's a fan as well, and we have Torchwood too!!

Gall, what part of Canada are you from?

circumventing the commercials rules!
That's worth it alone, to be able to watch seinfeld uninterrupted

We're just getting the 3rd series here, but my son has an alternative source where he gets them the day after they air in the UK!! :) He's a fan as well, and we have Torchwood too!!

Gall, what part of Canada are you from?

We're getting Torchwood in the fall. Better late (and out of sequence with Doctor Who) than never, I suppose.
I live in a "city" called Stratford in southern Ontario. Not terribly exciting.

I'd love to buy the box sets, but they're so bloody expensive. Eventually I want to have all Doctor Who (that's available) on DVD but given the expense it's pretty low priority. I hear you about the commercials, Sam, and it's not just commercials that are annoying but those aggrivating on-screen adverts that TV stations slap on *during* the show. The CBC is really bad for it.

Stratford, home of the Shakespeare Festival that launched Christopher Plummers career!! Saw my very first LIVE production of old Bill there (12th Night) and fell in love with the theatre!! I grew up in Toronto, where most of my family still lives and works.

Yeah, that's the place. I suppose like anywhere it's not as exciting when you live there.
I don't get to Toronto very often. Last time I was out that way was a couple months ago, and that was to go to the Zoo!

Last time I got there, was nearly 2 years ago!! :)

Back
Top Bottom