Skyrim - 1.3 Released on X360

Whatever happened to Bethesda's promised 4GB PC client this week?

Dec 7 2011

"We’re also planning on rolling out support for 4-Gigabyte Tuning (Large Address Aware) next week for our PC users. Stay tuned!"

Yep I saw that, but where did they promise anything?

Oh word games. Yes, I guess they didn't pinky swear.

I would assume the op took them at their word. When they said next week they meant next week.

Oh word games. Yes, I guess they didn't pinky swear.

I would assume the op took them at their word. When they said next week they meant next week.

So why not take them at their word. If they plan something for next week then that's exactly what it was - a plan, not a promise or any solid indication that it would be the next week. They have since said it's still being tested.

If they can't even say what they plan to happen without being jumped at then we'll only end up with less communication that we currently get.

Vanilla is good, but sometimes I'm in the mood for a chocolate mod or perhaps a strawberry update. Sprinkles are always appreciated too :D

Is there any way to see what updates Steam has installed and what the current version is of any games that are installed? Because I haven't been able to figure that out.

Is there any way to see what updates Steam has installed and what the current version is of any games that are installed? Because I haven't been able to figure that out.

I'd like to know that as well. Been looking through some stuff but other than a purchase history and some pretty cryptic download log files there does not seem to be a real "update history" anywhere (which would be nice to have most certainly).
To check which version of Skyrim I have installed, I went for the "classic" way and right-clicked the TESV.exe.
It says version 1.3.10.0 and it was modified earlier tonight at 23:38 CET so I'm guessing that they did indeed release an updated EXE earlier tonight Euro time because from a restore point that was created on 12/7/2011 I found out that the previous version was 1.3.7.0

EDIT: The 1.3.10.0 is official as per Steam Skyrim news and if you click on "View" -> "Downloads" in the Menu Bar then you can at least see what has been downloaded during the current Steam session. That 'Download' page does in fact show that my Steam downloaded a Skyrim patch about two hours ago so there is a way to track updates but apparently only for the current session unless I overlooked something else...

It's up the game rather than Steam. Most games release a news bit with patches so by clicking on the news link you get info about the patches. To see version numbers is also dependent on the game. In Skyrim start a game then press escape, the version is shown in the bottom left.

Back
Top Bottom