Witcher 3 - VGX 2013 Teaser

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
It does look good but so did the Witcher 2 which was mostly an action based Twitcher game that I regretted buying. If this one is less linear and more sand boxy I might consider it but so many choices now that if its another game like the last one I will probably pass.

It does look good but so did the Witcher 2 which was mostly an action based Twitcher game that I regretted buying. If this one is less linear and more sand boxy I might consider it but so many choices now that if its another game like the last one I will probably pass.

It's open-world from what they said. But I had no issues with how closed off Witcher 2 was. That game was amazing. Gameplay, story, decisions having real effect on the story. I mean, I actually had to stop and ponder what action to take, many times.

Looks indeed amazing !
Too bad we have to wait a long long time to play it.

Have to say that witcher 1 was better then 2 regarding gameplay. Hope that tW3 is more like tW1.

Amen on that!

Yeah that whole 'endless running back and forth through the swamp for fetch quests' was just awesome gameplay…

I almost quit Witcher during that chapter. It was the most redundant, monotonous segment I've ever experienced in an RPG. Don't get me wrong, I like the series, but Witcher 1 doesn't hold a candle to #2 as far as gameplay IMO.

Yeah that whole 'endless running back and forth through the swamp for fetch quests' was just awesome gameplay…

I almost quit Witcher during that chapter. It was the most redundant, monotonous segment I've ever experienced in an RPG. Don't get me wrong, I like the series, but Witcher 1 doesn't hold a candle to #2 as far as gameplay IMO.

Amen to that. I also loved the gameplay and combat system of TW2 over the first. Just improved in all ways. I loved the 3rd person camera, the combat system. It was way more involving than in the first, imo.

Who are you calling humans human? :)

Both of the Witcher games were great for different reasons. Personally, I have to agree that the gameplay was better in TW2. On the other hand, TW1 had more atmosphere and a better soundtrack.

Oh, and I'll definitely be upgrading my system for TW3.

Both of the Witcher games were great for different reasons. Personally, I have to agree that the gameplay was better in TW2. On the other hand, TW1 had more atmosphere and a better soundtrack.

Amen to that.

Yeah, on both counts although I remain entirely unimpressed with #2's combat system and alchemy changes…

Anyways, I was hoping to stop the recent silly spending but it looks like a GTX780 at least is in my foreseeable future… Damn them… I hope it has a somewhat less ridiculous price by next summer….

Last edited:
I found TW1 to be quite dull, ultimately.

The combat system was awful, the character progression system had an absurdly opaque layout, the exploration was rigid, movement was stilted and obnoxiously limited, the NPC dialogues a strange combination of ok-to-good writing and awkward delivery, frustratingly limited inventory, meaningless bar brawls, a shit-ton of running back and forth for petty tasks, and other issues.

That said, it did have a powerful atmosphere and great music. But, to me, it represents a very apparent first try by talented developers.

I just happen to think TW2 had a better atmosphere and superior story telling. I loved the combat system - though it was far from perfect. The progression system was better, but I don't like the concept of being locked into a specific "Witcher" character with specific fighting styles and what not.

Even though I think TW2 was a great game overall, it was still pretty obvious that it wasn't as polished as a typical western AAA RPG - and they clearly struggled with some of the interface stuff and the combat controls. But it was overall quite close to AAA levels of polish - and considering the depth and maturity, I found it was easy to forgive the rough bits.

Here's hoping TW3 is the masterpiece it appears it just might be.

Yeah the combat system on #1 was kinda bad. I get the feeling it was sorta forced on them by the engine some times…

edit: it did have something going for it though. It was accessible to people not into action RPGs.

edit :My problem with #2's combat was that it was all over the place on balance, a bit too hectic and clunky and relied on QTE's to create difficulty spikes… Also it glitched. A lot. Still haven't played the EE though so they may have improved things quite a bit…

I preferred the character system in #1 but it needed a complete rebalance and more sparse award of talent points.

Combat and RPG systems are not really their strengths or the games focus. So in #2 they improved what really are the highlights for the series: Storytelling and CnC implementation, the best I've seen in any game thus far. So absolutely no argument there… Atmosphere did take a small step down for me but this is mostly subjective and often discussed.

I am hesitant to get hyped about #3. I mean I am going to get it on day 1 sure, but I really don't know what to expect from it other than it will be the best looking RPG to date undoubtedly ;)

Back
Top Bottom