Hinterland - Coming Soon

Dhruin

SasqWatch
News from Tilted Mill's Hinterland site they could have released tomorrow but they've decided to wait a "week or two" to tweak some things:
Hinterland was on target to be released this Monday, the 22nd of September. However, we have decided to delay its release a week or two, so that we may implement some additional features and content to the game, many of which came from the excellent suggestions we've received from the community. We want to thank you all for your support and patience. We know this delay may be disappointing to some, but we're confident it will ultimately provide a better play experience for all.

Thank you,
Tilted Mill Team
More information.

It's hard to be disappointed in a small delay for a game I'd never heard of until 3 months ago, so "have at it". Anything to turn back the tide of buggy releases that we've seen over the past few years is more than fine by me. Best of luck.

The hell, that game is almost done? I figured it only just started development :p

I rarely mind intentional delays for polish or added content. Looking forward to this.

The hell, that game is almost done? I figured it only just started development :p
It wasn't intended to be very long in the making, it being self-funded (i.e. relatively low budget) and an attempt to find a business model for PC games independent of publishers.

Actually, I was looking at the Beta application... the "Beta License" thing only lasted up to Nov 30, so I figured we'd get the game around then. Good thing I was wrong, eh? ;)

wow, is this done already? Independent games like this its always several coin flips if they ever get to market.

I'm surprised Mount and Blade finally made it but this is bonus. This game looks a lot more polished already compared to most indy games.

wow, is this done already? Independent games like this its always several coin flips if they ever get to market.

I'm surprised Mount and Blade finally made it but this is bonus. This game looks a lot more polished already compared to most indy games.
I'm not at all surprised, Tilted Mill has developed three games and one expansion pack previously, all published by major publishers. Parts of the team came straight from Impressions Games, like the company's founder, Chris Beatrice, who has worked on 22 released titles so far.

Tilted Mill also holds at least two of the leading developers of the indie-RPG Prelude to Darkness.

ugh, I seriously disliked Prelude to Darkness. I can hope Hinterland is a lot better.

I was looking forward to this one but with the release of The Witcher EE they can take all the time they want - I'll be busy.

Back
Top Bottom