Gothic 3 Gothic on sale...

SirDeity

Watchdog
I'm not advertising here but this price is so low I thought some people interested in buying Gothic 3 (U.K. version) might appreciate a heads up. Anyway, I talked to the sales department at gogamer and talked them into putting Gothic 3 on their 48 hour madness sale. The price is only $34.90 now. I'm definitely going to buy it instead of waiting for the US version so I can save $20.00. The sale will only last for another 40 hours or so. Since I talked them into putting it on sale I thought I'd let my friends here know about it! ;)

Keep in mind that the only difference between the UK and US version is that the US version will have credits which include Aspyr and the intro movie prior to the main menu will have some very minor graphical tweaks. The game content itself is said to be exactly the same. However, the Gothic 3 US version will ship with whatever updates are available at the time of production. This just means that if you buy the US version you won't have to download and separately install the patches already available to update the game. (Any patches that come out after the US version is produced will still obviously need to be manually downloaded and installed.)

Note you'll get Tages copy protection. Not alot of Tages lovers if you read the official forums. I'm waiting for the US release.

Doesn´t Aspyr also often use Tages?

What is Tages? Why would copy protection be a problem if you don't plan to make illegal duplicates of the game?

I would have hoped for Safedisc or SecuRom which are pretty common here.

EDIT:
G2 Gold uses SecuRom. I've read somewhere on Anandtech that G3 is supposed to be Securom as well - Tages in the UK (verified).

@SirDeity
I don´t know if you have heard of "StarForce" but this copy protection for example has a very bad reputation amongst the legal customers cause it messes with your dvd-drive or with software like nero or clone cd when you have them installed on your system. Sometimes it just doesn´t recognize your game dvd and says it´s a illegal copy even when it´s the original one.
I don´t know Tages but if it´s nearly as bad as Starforce I can absolutely understand why some people are against it.

I don't know how TAGES works, but I know that Aspyr has it in Anno 1701, which I'm playing for review now (very nice, BTW). StarForce has a very bad rep ... especially as it has a habit of conflicting with *everything*, and as Pfandpirat says, it can deprive legit owners of the ability to play their games.

Thats lame. Another sore point for reviewers coming up. Guess there is no reason not import it unless you want to support Aspyr.

Thats lame. Another sore point for reviewers coming up. Guess there is no reason not import it unless you want to support Aspyr.
I'm a big Aspyr fan, I support them where I can because of how they stuck by Mac gamers during 'the dark times'. I've not noticed anything funky about TAGES like with StarForce (where it has all of this *stuff* if dumps on your system) so I am not that concerned.

I hope you're right, Wheres_the_Guru, and the next patch is out for the US release.

Well, as enthusiastic as Aspyr is ... I suspect their results are disappointing. JoWooD must have had a reason to buy a competitor instead of swallowing Aspyr or at least make another contract with them.

I'm not saying that my Aspyr support isn't a bit on the sentimental side ... but I think that they are doing well enough that Jowood couldn't swallow them up.

I meant the numbers for their JoWooD games.
JoWooD has gotten themselves into trouble several times over the last years. There are probably more attractive partners for a publisher who has a choice.

People!
Tages is excrement !
I take the game but i cant run it !
It says to input dvd in drive and the dvd is in !!
I have to use a no dvd crack to play the game i pay for 50 € !!
The game isnt good anyway.
MY advise : Dont pay for this shit!!

People!
Tages is excrement !
I take the game but i cant run it !
It says to input dvd in drive and the dvd is in !!
I have to use a no dvd crack to play the game i pay for 50 € !!
The game isnt good anyway.
MY advise : Dont pay for this shit!!

Very strange. I've had no trouble with my game whatsoever.

You vagabond !
With your system you cant run g3.

What's a vagabond? And yes, I can and will run Gothic 3 as much as I darn well please.

lol. Yes, very strange indeed. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom