Thief - Gone Gold & New Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Eidos Montreal has news that Thief has gone gold and will be available on February 28th. To celebrate they released a new trailer along wuth the news.

THIEF HAS GONE GOLD

That’s right folks Eidos Montreals THIEF™ has GONE GOLD and will be in the hands of all would be Master Thieves later this month. To celebrate the news we’re releasing a brand new ‘THIEF - 101 TRAILER’ that details everything you need to know about THIEF.

“It’s a wrap, Thief is gold. It’s nearly time for the fans to fall in love with Thief all over again, and time for newcomers to finally see what all the fuss is about” said Stephane Roy, Producer. “Thief is one of the founding-fathers of the stealth genre; we’re proud to have worked on such a well-loved series and proud to say; Garrett, the Master Thief is back.”

THIEF is the second game from Eidos Montreal whose previous title DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION also saw them breathing life back into a classic, critically acclaimed series. It’s not an easy challenge – but they’ve gone and done it again!

Today’s brand new ‘THIEF 101 trailer’ provides key insights on the game’s story, its key characters, key gameplay and key feature set (including the fact that the game’s main character is a Master Thief who doesn’t need keys).
More information.

Last edited:
I was not expecting this yet and that trailer looks amazing!

That was far better than any of the previous videos I've seen. I might be getting a little excited about this after all, but who knows when I'll find time to actually play it.

This is a sequel to the other Thief games right and not a reboot, right? I have to admit I haven't really been following it.

You won't be getting a review from me, but expect a feedback of a sort.

I've preordered it a few weeks ago on the juicy offer on greenmangaming:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061235982&postcount=4226

It's master edition with the bonus "dungeon" which I'm planning to play on the release day. Will post about the game in currently playing thread. Expecting a mix of stuff from the old Thief, DX:HR and Dishonored.
And of course, I'll be running the nonleathal approach. Can do a few levels in FPS style though, if someone will be interested to hear is that option fun in this game.

Last edited:
You won't be getting a review from me, but expect a feedback of a sort.

Oh come on Joxer give it up!

This is a sequel to the other Thief games right and not a reboot, right? I have to admit I haven't really been following it.

Yes JDR, it's a sequel with, apparently, some teaks to make it "more accessible and appealing to the wilder audience"…

Expecting a mix of stuff from the old Thief, DX:HR and Dishonored.
Yup. This trailer shouted: Dishonored at me!

Interesting though: there is an outcry among fans of the series that the game is being dumbed down and yet Eidos Montreal declares that it has gone gold…
Assertiveness or hubris?

I'm fan of series yet I'm not crying or something - the fact is I've made a preorder not caring much for details since I want a thief game.
Or thieflike… And since it's not release anything with ignore-gamebalance and call such crap as roguelike so it sells… :evilgrin:

Let's first wait and see what the game is about and what mechanics exactly it uses. If the whole game is really dumbed down in a negative way, I'll be the first one to spit on it.

Yeah joxer, let's all preorder it and than see if it's a crap or not :sneaky:

You nuts? Leave preordering to fans suckers who won't cry much if the game turns out to be an utter crap.
In the meantime, don't forget to buy beta access for The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot. Only 100€:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-MQELHR/mighty-quest-for-epic-loot-high-roller

Ever seen a cheaper beta access? Neither did I. I bet TES online imperial edition is more expensive than this. :D

:rotfl:

2:00 in is a joke. If it represents the game, that is optional decisions that are not driven by internal demand coming from the game, it is going to rock.

Back
Top Bottom