The "I Just Bought" thread

It sounds like it might be a great supplement to a normal vaccuum cleaner.

I'm amazingly lazy when it comes to trivial daily tasks - and anything that might make them less of a pain is of potential interest.

How much did you pay for Jeeves?

This is an iRobot Roomba 521. If google conversion is correct I payed about 2k DKK. More recent models can cost as much as 6k and have more functions but to me 2k was within my threshold on what I can afford and find reasonable.

This is an iRobot Roomba 521. If google conversion is correct I payed about 2k DKK. More recent models can cost as much as 6k and have more functions but to me 2k was within my threshold on what I can afford and find reasonable.

Ok... Sounds like it might be worth considering.

Thanks for the information.

'Putzi' is a Samsung Navibot. No problems with climbing over door sills, but it doesn't even try to fall down the stairs which is good. It tends to get tangled in cables (we have tons of those in the living room) and curtains which is why I usually put up the curtains and remove the cables before I send Putzi off to work. It's rather good in corners, catching dust mice with its brush hands, plus it gets under my sofa which is really nice.

If I pick it up during its cleaning action (when it becomes tangled), it usually won't find its way home to to the loading station, but since I discovered all the traps and started to remove them before starting Putzi, it usually finds its way back.

I also like using the area towers to mark areas it should not enter.

What's great: Putzi is a time-saver. I can send it off to work and go shopping.

My kindle paperwhite book cover finally arrived! Happy!! ^^
I put my Dreamfall artbook next to it for a little contrast (the box was lying around nearby for some reason … ;))

neverendingstorycover.jpg

Leatherbound, hand-made cover of Michael Ende's Neverending Story. Could there be anything more appropriate for an ebook reader? The AURYN talisman looks pretty nice, too.

neverendingstoryinside.jpg

This is what it looks like from the inside. Sorry for the blurry picture.

Thanks txa for the inspiration. :) I still remember the pic of the eReader cover you posted once - for the original Kindle or Nook, was it?

Love it!

Looks great and cool. Though, is it solid in there? It looks like it can slip quite easily?
Rock solid. It's held in place by four tight straps. Can't even nudge it anymore without applying some force.

Ohhhh yeah. I've always loved the concept of the wolf helm, like you see in some games. You know, the Berserker, or even the "naturalist" style of character like a Druid or something will have a helm which is basically a wolf head. Sometimes it's a bear or something, but the ones you really have to watch out for are wearing a wolf head.

Helm_nord_berserker.png

This may not be exactly that, but it will work. Only 8 bucks at the convenience store, can you believe that??

Do I look fearsome? Would you flee the battlefield?

edit- i attached a cool wolf emblem/design i found while searching the net, I thought it looked awesome enough to share

Attachments

• poor_mans_skyrim01.jpg
    poor_mans_skyrim01.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 59
  • wolfwarriorft7.jpg
    wolfwarriorft7.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 250px-Wolfpack_emblem.jpg
    250px-Wolfpack_emblem.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I'd rather cuddle you if you wore the wolf cap. That's precious, really :)
Also awesome that you posted the Wolfpack logo. I had a Watch Wolfpack avatar once, after all …

Attachments

• Wolffe-TCWCE.jpg
    Wolffe-TCWCE.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 8
  • eyeupgrade.jpg
    eyeupgrade.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
We just bought a dog a … a scruffy little Yochon who looks like an Ewok.
He'll be ready to leave his mom in five weeks time; now all we need is a name starting with 'R', as he's from an 'R'-litter. Any tips? Currently, my personal favorite is 'Riddick' …

I just picked up a Mugen MBX6T electric.

This thing is freaking awesome!

Attachments

• NewBody.jpg
    NewBody.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 22
We just bought a dog a … a scruffy little Yochon who looks like an Ewok.
He'll be ready to leave his mom in five weeks time; now all we need is a name starting with 'R', as he's from an 'R'-litter. Any tips? Currently, my personal favorite is 'Riddick' …

Ranok. It's an Ewok name. ;)

Or you can check out this list of Star Wars puppy names.

So what exactly is an "'R'-litter" anyways?

Local litter naming conventions. All littermates must bear names starting with the same first letter, and in this case it's 'R'. - Hehe, I just discovered 'Rancor' on your list. I shouldn't tell sonny or THAT would be the name ... sonny loves rancors.

oh no certainly not a new puppy named Rancor - youd be truly tempting fate there! Interesting mix, I'd never heard of a Yochon before. There are a lot of genetic combos out there. Congrats!

Toff -
Nice rc car there, mine's up on blocks indefinitely, retired it a couple years ago

Today we bought Brave - the game. I know, right - a move tie-in game on purpose?

It's actually pretty fun for a little action-platformer, with an emphasis on ranged combat. Really lush graphics. The aiming could use work, but overall it's got a high fun factor

Thank you. I'm always tempted to buy this game myself, but I never found any reviews over it. Yours is the first one I read.

So, now I'm convinced that I can safely buy it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom