Skyrim Dragonflies and salmon and birds, oh my!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
I just discovered another one of those nice little details.

The foresworn boss character is often a Briar Heart. A nasty spell caster with a rather macabre look to him due to the not quite healed hole in his chest where a heart should be. Well, I was hired to clear out their hideout and though the inner cave only housed 2 baddies, the Briar Heart would kill my level 57 slayer of multiple dragons in 3 shots with his powerful thunderbolts. :faint:

Okay, a new approach was required so I took out Mehrunes Razor and took out the guard silently. I then carefully inched my way behind the Briar Heart and was poised for a 15 x damage back-stab attack with the razor … and then I thought: Why not hone my less than stellar pickpocket skills? Well, he didn't really have anything on him except the briar heart alchemical ingredient so I chose that one … It turns out it not just for show. The moment I removed his "heart" he fell over dead on the spot. Nice! :w00t::excited:

Last edited:
I just discovered another one of those nice little details.

The foresworn boss character is often a Briar Heart. A nasty spell caster with a rather macabre look to him due to the not quite healed hole in his chest where a. Well, I was hired to clear out their hideout and though the inner cave only housed 2 baddies, the Briar Heart would kill my level 57 slayer of multiple dragons in 3 shots with his powerful thunderbolts. :faint:

Okay, a new approach was required so I took out Mehrunes Razor and took out the guard silently. I then carefully inched my way behind the Briar Heart and was poised for a 15 x damage back-stab attack with the razor … and then I thought: Why not hone my less than stellar pickpocket skills? Well, he didn't really have anything on him except the briar heart alchemical ingredient so I chose that one … It turns out it not just for show. The moment I removed his "heart" he fell over dead on the spot. Nice! :w00t::excited:

Okay, now that is awesome!

That's cool. I've tried pickpocketing live Briarhearts, but they didn't have anything. Of course, the guy was friendly...

I bust out laughing last night when the following happened: I'm in a mine with other workers and I get to a darkened area, where there isn't enough lighting. I cast candlelight and the miner next to me says "Brilliant!" I wasn't sure I heard right, so I walked close to another miner and recast. "Brilliant!"

Mild spoiler ahead:

I also love how the artists set up a scene. There is a random hut where you find two burnt corpses just outside. If you go inside, there will be a letter to the local Jarl about dragon sightings. The husband tells the wife if they don't bother the dragon, the dragon won't bother them. I guess he was wrong....

Oh, that reminds me (also mild spoiler ahead):

I came across the still burning remains of a hut in the middle of nowhere and I started scanning the skies thing Dragon attack. When I got inside there was a corpse on the floor next to pentagram with candles at the tips. In his hands the unlucky fellow was clutching a summon flame atronach scroll ... guess he was as skilled a summoner as he thought :D

I came across the still burning remains of a hut in the middle of nowhere and I started scanning the skies thing Dragon attack. When I got inside there was a corpse on the floor next to pentagram with candles at the tips. In his hands the unlucky fellow was clutching a summon flame atronach scroll … guess he was as skilled a summoner as he thought :D

There are a few of these around. I found something similar NE of the mage college out on an icy shelf. I think he was dabbling in Frost Atronachs.

Oh, that reminds me (also mild spoiler ahead):

I came across the still burning remains of a hut in the middle of nowhere and I started scanning the skies thing Dragon attack. When I got inside there was a corpse on the floor next to pentagram with candles at the tips. In his hands the unlucky fellow was clutching a summon flame atronach scroll … guess he was as skilled a summoner as he thought :D

Yes, that was one of the funnier discoveries (for me at least). :D

A dragon did something I hadn't seen before recently; it flew directly at me and then kind-of crash landed in front of me, sliding along the ground in an attempt crush me (or maybe he was just clumsy?). He left a large strip of churned up dirt and I thought it was pretty impressive. I'm still not sick of the dragon battles, they're certainly not the equivalent of the oblivion gates.

Over all still loving on this game, and 50 hours in I still haven't actually achieved much with regard to the main quest.

It's always fun when a dragon crash lands. It seems to happen if they're flying and below 50% of their hp. I've not seen that happen in a while, though, since I have ways of keeping them on the ground now. ;)

I like the way NPCs react when they see a dead body, but it does get a bit silly sometimes. A few bodies laying around in a marketplace. Everyone has a quick look, then goes on about their business. You'd think scripting a guard to stand by the body until it despawns might have been a good idea, at least when someone dies in a town.

I had a lovely goddess statue which I'd stolen from somewhere which I placed on my table in Breezehome. One day I came home and someone had stolen it from me! 0_o

Daniel.

I was out in the hot springs area and came across a small island with tents and 3 hunters naked laying in the water like a natural hot tub party. I walked by one lady and knocked over something next to her into the water and she yelled out at me "Hey watch it!"

I had a lovely goddess statue which I'd stolen from somewhere which I placed on my table in Breezehome. One day I came home and someone had stolen it from me! 0_o

Daniel.
You might want to check Lydia's pockets. Argis at least did pick up stuff I decorated and returned it to me.

Aha yes Lydia could well be the thief! I shall chastise her sternly... Bad Housecarl!

Daniel.

Oh, I even had a Rift Guard I just had talked to follow me when I fast-travelled to some farm in the mountains. The Imperial Guard present didn't find it funny to meet a Rifton cop so far out of his place of jurisdiction that he attacked him. The guys battled it out while the farmers were running around screaming blue murder. The Imp won, and now I'm travelling with a complete set of Rift Guard armor in my backpack.

Last edited:
Oh, I even had a Rift Guard I just had talked to follow me when I fast-travelled to some farm in the mountains. The Imperial Guard present didn't find it funny to meet a Rifton cop so far out of his place of jurisdiction that he attacked him. The guys battled it out while the farmers were running around screaming blue murder. The Imp won, and now I'm travelling with a complete set of Rift Guard armor in my backpack.

LOL epic win!

It's strange, but you do seem to generate some sort of teleportation field whenever you make an area transition. :p

You know how foresworn seem to worship the hagraven witches and how briar heart warriors are more than mere men. So I had been wondering for some time what is the exact nature of these briar hearts. Well I just whitnessed a briar heart summoning ritual at the Bard's Leap Summit. Quite awesome :)

Back
Top Bottom