Borderlands 2 - nVidia Comparison Video

Dhruin

SasqWatch
This Borderlands 2 video is really an nVidia PhysX promo but it compares some of the special effects with and without nVidia's features:
Check out this preview of Borderlands 2 running on a GeForce GTX graphics card with all settings on max.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWFkDrKvBRU

Loaded with NVIDIA's GPU-accelerated PhysX technology, the video shows you the incredible effects you can witness in Borderlands 2 when gaming on a GeForce GTX system. Creatures, such as the Crystalisk, spew simulated fluids comprised of hundreds of thousands of particles, allowing explosions and physical interactions to manipulate them after the fact, rendering an unprecedented level of detail previously unseen on any platform. Our GPU-accelerated PhysX technology enables the dynamic, realistic movement of flags, banners, and tarps that react and tear realistically when taking weapons fire, and weapons generate particle fluids, sparks and debris that add extra explosive action to your visceral gaming experience.
More information.

I guess no1 has that kind of hardware to boast around
I'm curios if non GTX = my ati card .. that would suck a bit

Arbitrary vendor lock-in is just a loss for PC gaming. Pathetic really.

I guess no1 has that kind of hardware to boast around
I'm curios if non GTX = my ati card .. that would suck a bit

It means the nvidia GTX series, ATI doesnt have physx built in.. There are a few other games as well that you need a GTX to see all effects, the Batman games for example.

I had been contemplating getting an EVGA 670 FTW card for over a month, specifically for Borderlands 2. In the end, I can't justify upgrading from my ATI 5870 (which still maxes most games) for simply the sake of Physx.

Additionally, if you are using an AMD graphics card and are desperate for Physx, you can also try the hack available here. It allows you to use a second (Nvidia) graphics card alongside your main AMD card. Unfortunately, as hacks tend to go, it can be a bit finicky…

Back
Top Bottom