Battle Mages ?

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hello,

I just wanted to know whether you can say something to me about the game caklled "Battle Mages" ?

You can see more about it here:
http://www.bm-game.com

I've seen it for 2 Euros and I think I might buy it - but I don't know anything about it ...

What kind of game is it, more RPG or rather strategy ? If so, is it turn based or real-time ?
How does it play ? What are my goals ?

I'm quite clueless about it, although Ive already read a bit about it.

Alrik

hmm..looks interesting. seems to be a number of reviews on their news list

I played this game some years ago and rather enjoyed it, although my memory of it isn't particularly clear - I thought it was much older than a 2004 release. It's a scenario-based RTS with some RPG elements. Basically each map involves exploration, solving some 'quests' (sort of, it's very RPG lite), and gathering troops. There's no base-building per se but there are some villages that can produce income and troops. It plays not unlike the Warcraft III levels where the player couldn't build a base but had to gather resources from fighting monsters and troops from special encounters.

I'd rate it a 7 out of 10, good but nothing special. Certainly worth 2 Euros.

I see.

There already seems to be a successor out.

The first one is quite good - 2 Euro is a good deal.

I see.

There already seems to be a successor out.

Has anyone actually seen a English language copy of "Battle Mages Sign of Darkness" (the successor mentioned above)? Every time I search for it I find little, or nothing about it actually being released. I know there is a demo, but is the English language full version vaporware?

I don't know, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom