Gothic Gothic 1 - way out of Xardas' tower?

Lurking Grue

Random Encounter #23
Original Sin Donor
Playing G1 after a long while and I cannot for the life of me remember how to get out of Xardas' tower (top floors). SUre, you can teleport e.g. to the water mages or to the swamp camp, but isn't there a more direct way out? Tried jumping off the top ledge to the lake/pond below, but promptly died, even though I hit the water (and not the ground). What am I missing? Must remember to inform Xardas, that his tower is missing the required-by-law fire exit! ;)

P.S. No, I haven't tried transforming into a bloodfly yet as I don't have that spell scroll.

Do you hav a teleport rune?
It's been years, but I think you could jump from an exposed spot onto a rock on the other side of the path.

Do you hav a teleport rune?
It's been years, but I think you could jump from an exposed spot onto a rock on the other side of the path.
I take it you mean the teleport rune Xardas gives you? Yeah, I have that. Problem is, it teleports you to the upper floors, i.e. the very ones I'm trying to exit.

I'll have to try jumping onto a rock next. The ledge is quite high up though, so I thought any jump down from there would have to be into water (and not rock), but maybe I missed a near-by rock that's high enough comparatively. Thanks for the tip.

Well anyways, I can always use my other teleport runes to get out of the tower, they just take very far away from the tower. But, as luck would have it (or clever game design...), my next destination is relatively close to the swamp camp, so I'll teleport there for now.

Isn't there a pond next to it, you're supposed to jump in it IIRC. It's kinda hard to hit, and if you fall in a too shallow part, you'll die. I think I ended up just teleporting around.

Better still and without the acrobatic skill -->

Leave Xardas's room and go straight ahead to the other tower with the curved spiked crown masonry. Pull yourself upward and onto the perimeter ledge and walk clockwise round to the fourth spike, turn onto it and walk to the tip, now take two paces backwards, then, run forward and at the same time "jump" just before the tip. You will land on the grassy bank opposite.

or keep tapping strafe left/right while in air and you won't any damage no matter how high you fall :)

Better still and without the acrobatic skill -->

Leave Xardas's room and go straight ahead to the other tower with the curved spiked crown masonry. Pull yourself upward and onto the perimeter ledge and walk clockwise round to the fourth spike, turn onto it and walk to the tip, now take two paces backwards, then, run forward and at the same time "jump" just before the tip. You will land on the grassy bank opposite.

That's the one I meant.

Back
Top Bottom