Might & Magic VII - Now on GOG

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The classic Might & Magic VII has been released on GOG for $5.99:
Might and Magic 7: For Blood and Honor is a first-person perspective cRPG and is considered by many to be the best installment of the series.
A deep, involving storyline with memorable characters and many endings is to be expected of a game with such a strong pedigree, and there's enough of it to keep you busy for weeks. The story comes packed with great presentation, especially its absolutely phenomenal musical score.
What's more, if you're a fan of Heroes of Might and Magic, you're in for a treat, as you'll no doubt recognize many of the monsters from the third part of the series. Finally, Might and Magic 7 features its very own trading card game, called Acromage. Its rules are simple, but it's a full game in its own right and you might end up playing the RPG just to feed your Arcomage addiction!
More information.

5 dollars for one of the best rpgs ever, not bad.

Is VII de magical number (sequel) for an RPG?

Of Final Fantasy, Ultima and Might & Magic I hear often that the seventh installment was the best/high point in a series. (Not a universal opinion ofcourse, but I do read it a lot.)

Ofcourse VII was reached by these games in respectively 10, 12 and 13 years, so it might actually be more due to experience of a developer than sheer volume of sequels.

With exception of partially playing FFVII, I haven't had the pleasure to experience them. Time to brush up on some RPG history, I guess.

I bought the game yesterday, too. Extra dramatic game music to listen to at work! I only played it for about a half-hour last night, but as I haven't played this one before, it was all new to me. Loved the cute scavenger hunt intro.

I think I still don't have it as well.

Good news! Lost my original disc in a move once, so this is a nice opportunity to play the game once more. Never did finish it in the past...

Perhaps iam gonna but this one. Can anyone tell me if it is quite bugfree?
Also is this game playable till the end without show stoppers that are useally in this kinds of games?

This is one of the best and most fun games ever made.

This is one of the best and most fun games ever made.

So, it is not like daggerfall (bug wise)?
Any idea if the game is playable in 1680x1050? Or is it a pixelparty?
Played alot of old school, except the might & magic series.

Played alot of old school, except the might & magic series.

**** Shameless advertise coming ****

If you are able to read and understand German I'd like to point out a review that I wrote at the time of release (with real press copy etc.).

http://mystics.de/articles/7/

**** Shameless advertise ending ****

I´ve played it only with official patches and don´t remember any serious problems, however there´s always GrayFace´s patch which besides bugfixes also adds mouselook and makes the game more compatible with modern systems.

These series aged really well.

I´ve played it only with official patches and don´t remember any serious problems, however there´s always GrayFace´s patch which besides bugfixes also adds mouselook and makes the game more compatible with modern systems.
These series aged really well.

Thank you very much for that link.

**** Shameless advertise coming ****

If you are able to read and understand German I'd like to point out a review that I wrote at the time of release (with real press copy etc.).
http://mystics.de/articles/7/
**** Shameless advertise ending ****

Well perhaps google translate will do..
Thank you for that link.

The only Might & Magic game that was really buggy was 9 and otherwise all of the games have few minor bugs that don't effect the enjoyment of the games.

The only Might & Magic game that was really buggy was 9 and otherwise all of the games have few minor bugs that don't effect the enjoyment of the games.

Good to hear. After DA2 and heroes of m&m 6 i will gonna try this one out.

That fan patch removes the music from the GOG version, as a heads up.

Why didn't someone tell me these games have a tb combat option?! I read that the tb mode in MM7 actually works very well too.

Why didn't someone tell me these games have a tb combat option?! I read that the tb mode in MM7 actually works very well too.

Can someone tell us if that is true? And that TB actually works good or perhaps works even better then realtime.

Back
Top Bottom