Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land - Now on Android

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Red Wasp Design's Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land has launched on Android:
The final rites of gibbous summoning have been completed and the world counts down to oblivion as the critically acclaimed ‘Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land’ today launches for Android phones and tablets. The game is now available from Google Play (with Amazon’s Android Store to follow) at a price point of $4.99/€3.99/£2.99 or alternatively for only 2 Voorish Signs. The game’s designer Tomas Rawlings remarked, “We’ve had a huge demand from fellow gamers for Cthulhu to spawn onto Android, so we’re really excited to be able to deliver on our promise today.”
The game requires Android OS version 2.3 (aka Gingerbread), OpenGL ES 2.0 plus a touch screen to run. The developers say they have tested the game on a range of devices including HTC, Samsung, Acer and are confident it will work on most touchscreen tablets and phones.
Thanks, Capt. Huggy Face.
More information.

The buttons are a bit hard to press on my phone. They could probably stand to adjust the sensitivity, but it doesn't seem bad. Enjoyed the first level, right up to and including getting owned at the end of it. Encouraging.

Came with nice timing for me, right when I've begun rereading Call of Cthulhu. A bit off topic, but I know there a few Lovecraft fans here, so I thought I'd share this recent discovery, too, which I couldn't resist:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jchaffin/the-horror-in-clay-cthulhu-tiki-mug-production-run

There are some interface issues right now, definitely. It's almost unplayable on my HTC Sensation. I haven't tried it on my Fire, but from the reviews on Amazon, it sounds like the Fire has the same issues with touch sensitivity (or lack thereof).

I look foward to playing it once it's fixed.

Back
Top Bottom