Folk Tale - Early Access

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Games Foundry announces their two-year long project has finally hit Steam Early Access. Folk Tale is a beautifully imagined sandbox fantasy city-builder with you at the helm of your own great kingdom of peasants.

Folk Tale is a sandbox fantasy city builder strategy game in which you lead a ragtag band of peasants in growing a small settlement into a thriving market town, while the dastardly Slavemaster Urzal and his minions plot your downfall. Sound the rallying call and head out into the wilds with parties of heroes and fight back the tide of evil in a game of endless possibilities.
Rule with tyranny and oppression, or liberalism and justice. Play as a merciless expansionist hell-bent on destruction, or as a gold-hoarding mercantilist who'll sell their own grandmother. With random events and dynamic story, in Folk Tale you never know how the story will unfold.
Folk Tale for PC, Mac and Linux is developed by indie collaboration studio Games Foundry. Our small team spans 15 time zones and is yet to meet face to face, but talk every day to bring you a refreshing and exciting break from conventional gaming.
More information.

I purchased this game on Steam. I can't even get through the tutorial due to a bug when trying to train a peasant to become a farmer. It simply doesn't work when I do what the tutorial tells me to go through the process. And even on the very first training of a peasant (at the windmill) they tell you incorrectly how to train the peasant (figured that out by stumbling across the solution). Sad...I had high hopes.

It's stated that the game is still in development, I guess it's in some beta test phase...

Anyways, Leanthar, please keep us updated, looks as Sims light with RPG stuff added.

Given that it seems to be months away from being in an acceptable playable state and that combat is RTS i think i'll pass.

I'll keep an eye on it though as they said they will make changes based on feedback.

Looks interesting. Haven't played a good sandbox city-builder in a long while.

will be buying this after release, but not biting on this early release stuff.

Back
Top Bottom