Pricewatch!

i'm not ever really a casual gamer. if i am at all in the mood for one its more for the artistic and obscure indie games. i never played puzzlequest--yes i'm a heretic but if i want to play a non-serious game i want it to be laid back with nice dreamlike music or setting that is relaxing and requires non of the intense strategy, planning, or twitch that my normal gaming occupies. eufloria, dyson aka its better name eufloria, and even audiosurf are 3 great examples of games that fit my casual mood well.

I don't like hype but it's right that it's a non sense any player don't try Plant vs Zombies. The base mechanism is ok, the graphics are cute, there's a nice touch of humor. But the point is the game is a constant assault of new features.

Each level is relatively short and each level bring new gaming element. So you end captured in a rush forward, not really from the pure tactical/strategical difficulty, but just from having to constantly adapt to new gaming elements, plus the pleasure to constantly discover new features.

Mainly because of this point, but also because it's a very polished non serious game, it's a quite unique game that any player should try and could possibly enjoy.

Weekend promo at GOG.
Atari strategy games (such as MoO 1+2 and Total Annihilation) are 30% off. Or 50% for the whole package.

Gamestop has Fallout: New Vegas for PC, 360 and PS3 for $20. Boxed copy in store or mail order only. Oddly, the digital download is priced at $50.

direct2drive has got 25% off all pre-orders
and in the case with brink and or dungeon siege 3 they require steam which they get linked to your steam account as well. good for me; bad for some i suppose.
getting the boxed version of dungeon siege 3 through as i've got a gift card for bestbuy anyhow...damn gift cards.

Anyone ever buy PC games from Newegg.com? I just discovered that they have a ton of games for $25 and under. I was looking for a particular title and ended up ordering 3 games from them.

I got Serious Sam HD, Supreme Commander 2, and Aliens vs Predator for $26 total, including 3-day shipping.

i like newegg but can't say i've ever gotten a game form them as usually by the time they have good prices i've long since gotten any of the games i'd be interested in.

Anyone ever buy PC games from Newegg.com? I just discovered that they have a ton of games for $25 and under. I was looking for a particular title and ended up ordering 3 games from them.

I got Serious Sam HD, Supreme Commander 2, and Aliens vs Predator for $26 total, including 3-day shipping.

I've seen some of their game deals (get my daily emails), and get plenty of other stuff from them ... but since I don't use DVD-based games anymore I don't bother with them or GoGamer anymore.

gogamer has actually been shut down, supposedly they're coming back but its been a while since i've gotten anything from them either

Gamersgate has all of the 1C games 70% off for one week. You can get them individually, the RPG pack for $23.99 US or the complete pack (actually it's not complete but seems to be most of their recent games) with RPGs, shooters, racing games, strategy etc for $49.99 US which is 50% off.

Nice midweek sale at Steam today noted over at the Codex.

Includes:
- Hearts of Iron II and III collections
- all Kalypso strategy games, including the Commando and Patrician series

...which also includes Disciples III as well for $7.50

If you were waiting for this thing to hit the bargain bin, now may be the time to strike while the iron is hot.

Noticed The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Directors Cut for $4.99 at gog.com.

Noticed The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Directors Cut for $4.99 at gog.com.

Yeah GOG released it on the 10th and will keep it at that price until the 17th. It's an incredible deal really.

I think they should have released it more than just 1 week before TW2 though. Most people who want to start playing TW2 at release aren't going to start playing TW1 now.

Yeah GOG released it on the 10th and will keep it at that price until the 17th. It's an incredible deal really.

I think they should have released it more than just 1 week before TW2 though. Most people who want to start playing TW2 at release aren't going to start playing TW1 now.

I think they extended the sale a bit because the news release posted on the 10th says the 50% off promo will be "during the next two weeks"

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/new_release_the_witcher_enhanced_edition_directors_cut/page1

Anyway, just an FYI for those who didn't know the Gog version of the EE also includes bonus content:

PDF manual (81 pages)
18 wallpapers (hi-res jpgs)
PDF game guide (113 pages)
2 maps (high res PDF)
Soundtrack (29 mp3s)
Music inspired by The Witcher (15 mp3s)
26 avatars (jpg)
PDF artbook (204 pages)
Digital calendar (Hi res jpgs, from May 2011 to April 2012; it's a girlie cheesecake calendar of course ;) )
PDF short story (49 pages)

The PDFs are all high res. Someone on the Gog forums claimed they were scanned in at a higher resolution than previous versions but I don't have those to compare it to.

The art book in particular is really nice. It's not just pictures, there's actually a fair amount of text too documenting how they came up with the in-game locales but visiting real world places and so forth.

If you don't already have the digital extras, those alone are worth the $5 in my opinion.

The current Magazine of "Gamestar" comes both with "Arena" and "Daggerfall" of the Elder Scrolls series !

Back
Top Bottom