Skyrim My Skyrim play-through on YouTube

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
D

Deleted User

Hello everyone! I didn't want to clog up the other threads with my play-through news, so I thought I'd start a new one just for discussion of my play-through.

If anyone is interested, I'm playing a heavily modded version of Skyrim and showing off a bunch of things. Requiem, RealVision ENB, Moonpath To Elsweyr, and a bunch of other mods. You can find my play-through that I started on my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/fluentgamingchannel . Stop by and let me know what you think! I plan on going for a long time and I just recently started it.

To pick up where the other thread left off, I enabled Basic Needs again, but I reset them. I think the problem with the hunger need was that I neglected it for too long, so the added hunger built up into super hunger and I couldn't fulfill it without eating 32 feasts. So now, I'm just going to stay on top of it and make sure I eat every day at least.

What else? I equipped Gorr with new gear. Those bandits in my last episode were too difficult to take down, so I just said forget it and started exploring around Riverwood. Eventually I run into some interesting things. I don't want to spoil the next episode.

Also, a question. Thrasher (and anyone else who may be subscribed to my channel), do you think I should do a play-through for every game I play? I feel like I'm missing an opportunity by not recording games I'm playing currently. I have a ton of RPGs I want to play through, but I'm wondering what you guys would think of one episode per day, maybe an hour long, different game every day. So, it would be like this

Morrowind Mondays
Skyrim Tuesdays
Victoria 2 Wednesdays
Arcanum Thursdays
maybe some other game Fridays
Wildcard Saturdays and Sundays, whatever I'm feeling like playing the most out of the current Let's Plays.

and then whatever else I start. less frequent episodes, but they would be an hour long. I'm thinking of dedicating a lot more time to this channel, so let me know your thoughts on this. Thanks!

And Happy Holidays all! Hope you all are having a great time!

Fluent I will continue to ponder were you find all the free time to do all this. Keep up the good work, and take it easy once in a while.:salute:

And Happy Holidays to you also.:party:

Nothing much happened in that episode so I check out your latest Morrowind
I was watching your Morrowind play through #77.

It was funny because you were so totally in over your head. And then the ungraceful end. But your vid was a prefect example of why I love open world RPGs. You found that place on accident and almost didn't want to go in there but you just decided to check it out. Great.

Muahaha, that was fun :).

Yep this mod is definitely in my future. I may have to come to terms with the fact that I may be a bit masochistic :thinking:

I have no idea how you could juggle all these games together and be able to follow (and get into) all of them together. Personally I have to dedicate to a game exclusively until I am done with it. Respect if you pull it off :salute:

Edit:

Just a heads up that you can enable Fast travel in the difficulty settings of the mod:
Fast Travel Allowed: If this setting is enabled, you can use the fast travel mechanism, which is usually disabled by Requiem.

I only used it at the last stages of the game for vanilla myself so I will once again be leaving it off.

Last edited:
I'm interested into unmodded playthroughs.
If I had time, I'd make one of my own. Yea, I know, noone would watch it as I'd be showing something else instead of eyecandy visuals.

No matter, what Fluent does is a great thing as he's getting experience to show off other games through this. I'm positive we'll see TW3 playthrough on his channel! :D
Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the comments everyone! And to those who checked out the channel, appreciate it!

My next Skyrim video has a bit more action in it. When making videos and playthroughs, it's sometimes tough to keep things interesting in every video. But sometimes, 20, 30 minutes pass and nothing really happens, except me exploring or doing mundane things or whatever. I could edit that out, but that's more work and more time, and these videos already take up a lot of my time. I don't know, we'll see going forward. Next Skyrim episode is better, though.

And Dajjer, yeah, that's also what I love about a game like Morrowind. Morrowind especially because you can wander into a cave like Subdun, somehow survive to the end, kill the big boss creature (who is way above my current level), and reap the rewards of sweet loot. In other games, level scaling would not allow for that type of scenario to play out like it does in Morrowind!

And JonNik, it's not too bad playing multiple games at once. I used to be exactly like you, one RPG at a time, but now that I'm making videos, I like diversity. And usually, it only takes me a minute or two of playing the game again to be fully absorbed it once again and pick up right where I left off the last time I played it. So in that sense, I can play many games and still be just as absorbed in each one for the time I spend with them!

Joxer, TW3 is on my radar, for sure! Lots of games coming in 2014 and beyond are, as well as many old classics that I never got the chance to play growing up or whatever. Lots of games, not a lot of time for them all, but I'll make it work!

Couchpotato, it is a pretty time consuming thing, making videos, but I find the time. It helps when people are supportive of what you're doing and watch your videos. Makes the whole thing worthwhile!

Fluent, I too am amazed you are able to juggle so many games!

For videos, I say it's up to you, and personal preferences by viewers. Myself, I prefer just a few RPGs at a time. I like seeing the effects of your mods on games I've finished. Also skipping over routine activity like selling loot, sleeping, eating, and the inevitable long periods of back and forth without fast travel I think would make your vids more interesting.

Hey everyone.

New episode is live. In this episode, we have a little success defeating a mage (finally) and have a very interesting encounter with a Khajiit who is part of the Interesting NPCs mod. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOJgf9Ps3Q8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUtumvpikfaMB89TtM_lEh-Q

Apologies for all the food management gameplay, lol. I'll try to edit those parts out in future videos.

Also, Clairvoyance is AMAZING when you're playing with NO compass and NO quest markers. Suddenly the spell becomes important and actually useful (it was completely useless in the base game, in my opinion).

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom