Demonicon - Investor Found?

It also says there'll be an announcement soon.

Great. I hope they don't fuck up the game, because of console port. Otherwise it looks like a real nice game...

the-dark-eye-20090205000058190_640w.jpg

the-dark-eye-20090205000103393_640w.jpg

Those are pre-alpha screens. Not too surprised at the shop job. They were released several months ago. Di-spite the shop job, I really like the art direction. Looks good.

German mag "Gamestar" still descrfibes it as an [Blizzard Action-RPG]-like game, whereas the TGC still denies that.

It reminds me very much of a similar thing happening to Armalion.

Great. I hope they don't fuck up the game, because of console port. Otherwise it looks like a real nice game…
Style of the second picture looks very much like Drakensang...which can only be good.

Kalypso has bought them.

Yes, it's official. Silver Style will probably be closed. The team moves to a new studio owned by Kalypso. Release: Q1/12.

YADC (Yet Another Diablo Clone)

Still undecided. we just know too little about it.

@Dwagginz : Kalypso is relatively stable, but I must admit that they are indeed buying a bit too much too fast.

They have revived several good-running franchises, for example Tropico.

Plus, they are working on "Dungeons" now.

My - purely personal - impression is that of a stable, a tiny bit conservative company … I have the impression that they only buy what seems to look relatively successful for them, like The Patrician, which is a relatively well-known game series within Germany.

Is that a bad or a good thing? I've had no bad experience with Kalypso, although I'll admit I've had almost zero experience.

I don't see a reason why this should be necessarily bad.

Kalypso seems to (a) grow quickly but (b) develop quite conservative products based on established franchises (Tropico, Patrician, etc.).

I see, I see. I think the only Kalypso "product" I have is the Space Unlimited Compilation (Although I do want to try The First Templar).

I've seen them around a little bit, especially lately with (As you said, Gorath) Tropico and Patrician, so I wasn't entirely sure if they were a "good" company (Like 1C or Paradox) or a "bad" one.

Back
Top Bottom