Legend of Grimrock - Patch 1.1.4

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Patch 1.1.4 has been released for Grimrock:
Hi there, time for the first patch! The patch mainly fixes some bugs and improves compatibility on some more exotic systems, but we managed to slip in a few new features too. Fans of quick save/load should be pleased now and we also threw in volume sliders which has been a pretty popular request. But most importantly you can now import your favorite portraits into the game. Have fun with them!

The patch is save game compatible so no need to worry about losing your saves.
We have pushed the patch to Steam, GOG and our own store and it should be available once the distributors have done their magic, hopefully within 24 hours. Steam users will get the patch automatically, and if you bought the game from GOG or from us you can download the patched version of the game using the same way you obtained the original copy. But hold on a bit, it will take some time before the build gets updated on the servers
icon_smile.gif
Here's a partial snip from the notes:
vsync is enabled by default
- borderless windows are no longer topmost
- pressing ESC closes character sheet
- fixed unlimited frost arrow exploit
- improved display resolution auto-detection at first launch
- fixed a couple of typos and broken english
- removed check that disables high texture resolution setting when running low on video memory (some graphics drivers seem to report available video memory incorrectly)
- quick save/load
- volume sliders
- to avoid confusion autosave & quicksave slots can’t be renamed anymore
- adjusted gui layout and camera fov so that user interface elements do not overlap with important screen areas on non-widescreen displays
- invert horizontal mouse option
- camera bobbing option (only available by editing the config file manually)
- configurable tooltip delay (only available by editing the config file manually)
- frame rate limiter (set to 120fps but can be changed by editing the config file)
- custom character portraits

More information.

I got it from GoG a little while ago. I installed it and noticed that when I started it still said 1.1.3. I had to uninstall it first (selecting to keep saved games) then reinstall it to get it up to 1.1.4. After I had did that I saw a note on the GoG forum that doing it like that was how you needed to do it - it won't update the existing files, so the uninstall/reinstall was required.

Good. Downloading now to see if my Nvidia card won't become a heater for my room.

What´s with the patches?
Expert level scenario please.

Bah, I want a standalone download patch.

I live in the friggin woods and am on the dial-up.

Of course the only thing I'd be getting it for is the quicksave so whatever.

I hope that the next patch for those who bought from GOG.com will not require uninstalling, it's a bit boring...

Warning Frame rate limiter - IMPORTANT !!!!

The game almost blow up my gfx card - It reportedly cooked few PCs , if you follow their forums.

I didnt understand why my PC fans are working like crazy while playing. Than someone posted how game is working some super high framerate. Basically overheating it same as you would run some benchmark.

So , you need to limit the framerate.

Warning Frame rate limiter - IMPORTANT !!!!

The game almost blow up my gfx card - It reportedly cooked few PCs , if you follow their forums.

I didnt understand why my PC fans are working like crazy while playing. Than someone posted how game is working some super high framerate. Basically overheating it same as you would run some benchmark.

So , you need to limit the framerate.

From the latest patch note, the framerate is already capped at 120. Is this too much? It can be changed through a config file.

From the latest patch note, the framerate is already capped at 120. Is this too much? It can be changed through a config file.

Well it heated my gfx card more than playing Witcher 2 on ultra settings.

I put it now on 60 fps , just to stay on safe side.

I tried it on 60fps (also have Adaptive vsync enabled in Nvidia drivers) and got bad tearing. Reset it to 120hz and all was well. This was with in-game vsync set to Triple Buffer. Certainly 60 would seem to make sense, but for whatever reason, it didn't.

What the hell? The "patch" is a redownload of the entire game?

Well the entire game is only 460Mb. That's smaller than a lot of patches for other games.

Patch came too late for me though. I'm already on the final level of my 2nd playthough.

Back
Top Bottom