Skyrim - The Making of Skyrim Teaser and More

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Welcome to today's Skyrim roundup.
The Bethblog has a teaser video previewing "'Behind The Wall: The Making of Skyrim' — the extensive, behind-the-scenes look included with the Skyrim Collector’s Edition". The 2:39 video mixes some footage and behind-the-scenes shots, such as a dev talking about the 315 "spaces" within the game (all the locations).
CountChocula sends in this preview with CVG's article covering "Solitude, the Bard's College, the Annual Burning of King Olaf's Effigy and a poetry writing mini-game" among other things:
Solitude in this case is a city in the northern-most reaches of Skyrim; a man-made structure on a vast ridge, it juts from one of this area's many mountains like a middle finger, raised in defiance at the rest of the nation. The place has its own identity, a flavour unique to this one small part of Skyrim. Not just cosmetically - the people here seem proud to live in Solitude. They have their own festivals, myths and customs.
Also from CountChocula is a preview/interview at the Playstation UK magazine:
“Actually, that goes through Radiant Story,” explains Howard, talking of Skyrim’s new AI-guided quest system. “The story manager looks at everything you do. Even a chicken on fire. If you drop an item, kill a dragon, how do people react? Those events go through the story manager.”​
The idea is that this story manager will look at what you’ve done and adapt parameters to create bespoke mission conditions – the characters you meet or locations you visit, for example. You can already go anywhere and do anything, creating a narrative by exploring; discovering and interacting with whatever interests you.
Kotaku has an unboxing of a retail Collector's Edition video and Joystiq does the same with photos, instead of a video.
More information.

I'd really much like to have this making of DVD, but not for $150, I don't care about the dragon statue or art book. In-the-least, there should have been a third "Making of" or "Special" edition that included this DVD for say $65-$70.

Ah well, suppose I'll just go the route of checking torrent sites for a rip of it. Hopefully shortly after release, or sooner since many are already getting review copies!

Sorry Bethesda, but you're being way too greedy with Skyrim! Even the PC version is $59.99, and we all know that PCs games max price is $49.99…always have been cause there is no additional $10 fee like console games require. {At least I caught the Newegg pre-order deal for $47.99}

Michael Pachter explains it well, for those that don't know! {skip to 3:07}

Last edited:
Worst collector's edition I have seen in quite a while. What the heck would I do with that plastic dragon? It must be targeted at 12 year olds.

I like fancy maps but this one looks pretty dull, and I like things with world lore in them like the pocket guide to the empire that came with Oblivion. Art book is ok and the making of DVD not really that interesting.

and 150 bucks? wow no thanks

I agree that the CE is a little too expensive in Skyrim's case. I'm usually a collector and I do own the CEs of Morrowind and Oblivion but I'm not getting the Skyrim CE. The best deal we can get here in Germany is ~EUR 129 and that is way too much for just an art book, a statue and a making of DVD.
Also, when it comes to CEs I don't mind special box designs like the FO3 lunch box or King's Bounty's treasure chest or just a larger than regular box but Skyrim's CE box is a little over-sized even for my taste.
I wish there would have been an additional "regular" CE without the dragon statue but with the usual goodies (art book, soundtrack, cloth map, making of and maybe an in-game goodie or two) for a more reasonable price like US$89/EUR 69.

As for the standard game, from a European standpoint, I can't agree with the accusations of price gouging. New PC releases are usually sold at around ~EUR 49 and Skyrim is selling between EUR 43 - 47 most places over here.
Personally, I will be getting my copy of Skyrim (including the pre-order bonus map) as an import from the UK where it sells for GBP 27.90 from Amazon.co.uk which currently -if you add shipping- equals to only ~EUR 39.
By the way, it would be really cool if them damn Greeks could take a little break from wrecking the Euro until after 11/11 so UK editions of Skyrim won't get any more expensive in the meantime, kthx :biggrin: .

I agree that the CE is a little too expensive in Skyrim's case. I'm usually a collector and I do own the CEs of Morrowind and Oblivion but I'm not getting the Skyrim CE. The best deal we can get here in Germany is ~EUR 129 and that is way too much for just an art book, a statue and a making of DVD.
Also, when it comes to CEs I don't mind special box designs like the FO3 lunch box or King's Bounty's treasure chest or just a larger than regular box but Skyrim's CE box is a little over-sized even for my taste.
I wish there would have been an additional "regular" CE without the dragon statue but with the usual goodies (art book, soundtrack, cloth map, making of and maybe an in-game goodie or two) for a more reasonable price like US$89/EUR 69.

As for the standard game, from a European standpoint, I can't agree with the accusations of price gouging. New PC releases are usually sold at around ~EUR 49 and Skyrim is selling between EUR 43 - 47 most places over here.
Personally, I will be getting my copy of Skyrim (including the pre-order bonus map) as an import from the UK where it sells for GBP 27.90 from Amazon.co.uk which currently -if you add shipping- equals to only ~EUR 39.
By the way, it would be really cool if them damn Greeks could take a little break from wrecking the Euro until after 11/11 so UK editions of Skyrim won't get any more expensive in the meantime, kthx :biggrin: .

I agree 60 bucks for a game that you can spend hundreds of hours in is a bargain. I still remember Ultima V being like 80 bucks in 1988.

I also would probably spend another 20 or so on a CE for Skyrim that didnt have the statue and the huge box but the other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom