Skyrim - Dawnguard Review @ GameBanshee

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Gamebanshee reviewed the Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim. Here is a bit from the start of it:
Dawnguard is the first DLC for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Bethesda Softworks released it in June of this year for the Xbox... and August for the PC... and perhaps someday for the PS3. The good news for PS3 owners is that you're not missing much. Dawnguard has an interesting premise involving vampires, prophecies and elder scrolls, but Bethesda doesn't do much with it other than introduce a lot of new artwork, and so the DLC only offers "more of the same." The problem for Skyrim is that it has a ton of content naturally, and so it doesn't need more of the same. It needs a DLC that changes how you play the game.
More information.

I used Dawnguard to start a complete new Skyrim game with a very different character - I had so much fun, that I played 200 hours up to level 52 again…

The Dawnguard questline is interesting and worth the money.

More content the better. Why does a DLC have to change the way you play the game? That's nonsense. I played approximately 180 hours before completely exhausting the quest lines I was interested in completing. I would have loved more quest content. I will pick Dawnguard up when I get back into gaming.

Back
Top Bottom