GOG - D&D Weekend Sale

Can someone tell me how these games play in Windows 7 64, quad core cpus, and a 1980x108200 screen resolution? I've tried NOX but it definitely did not work for me.

Thanks

NVN 2 is relatively newer compared to rest so it supports 1920 X 1080 and have interface like modern games,IE games have mod that makes(same mod for all of them) them run in higher resolutions,while you can scale text(separate mod) interface becomes smaller and camera is further away,I think runing them in 1440X960 seems optimal but for me 1920X1080 was just fine too.
For some reason I had really bad frame rate in underground in Dragonshard,so much that it made it unplayable for me(I played it in 1280X1024 which was maximal supported resolution),but it's problem that is not very common problem.
I had no troubles with ToEE with or without mods.

I'm in the process of downloading them now. Do they come patched to the newer versions?

Although the bad graphics and rough UI of these classics take their toll. I recently tried to get a friend (who I played Ultima V with, when it was released back in 600 BC) to give NWN a go. Got uninstalled after 10 minutes. Too used to modern eye candy…

I was just thinking that most of these games look quite good for their age.

I already have all these titles on GOG with the exception of NWN 2 which I have on GamersGate. I'll probably go ahead and get it since it's only $3.99 for me.

NWN2 was decent - it had a terrible intro-tutorial, but; party based a'la IWD/Baldurs' combat (tho camera's work can be disturbing) many dialogues and quests are excellent. There are some unique situations based on your race (not spoiling much: i.e. picking drow and a meeting in SOME undergrounds - priceless). And ofc Mask of the Betrayer expansion pack which is a masterpiece - I think I won't lie saying that it is at the level of Planescape or Baldur's Gate 2. For this EP it is a must have!

To bad I already bought most of them before. For the record I enjoyed everyone of them even nwn oc.:p

I'm still playing both NWN 1+2 with all there fan made modules. The fans are still making new ones. To bad not a single game since those two has inspired good sp mods.

The elder scrolls despite its community doesn't even come close. Most of there mods are just cosmetic with a few good campaign mods. Dragon Age Origins had potential but the community never used the mod tools like the nwn games.

I own most of the games too. NWN hooked me from the start. Admittedly the first chapter started off slow but it's a great game nevertheless.

In fact, I found NWN to be far more engaging than its sequel.

NWN2 OC is actually pretty good. It's mostly pretty linear, but in its patched up state it's some enjoyable 3.5 combat, fair role-playing opportunities and there are some parts that are fantastic.

Mask of the Betrayer is just utterly fantastic, and you must play it. MoW and SoZ are pretty good, too. I think I'll rebuy NWN2 given the way the discount works, it's worth a couple of bucks to me to be able to just instal it from GoG whenever I feel like it instead of having to dig up all the CDs and instal it in the correct order.

Will probably grab all the IE games and NWN as well. Too convenient of a package to pass up. Some of those old CDs are probably lost to me forever anyway.

Edit: So by unchecking Demonstone and Dragonshard, I save 56 cents. Seems like I should just get the whole package.

Edit2: unchecking TOEE actually increases the price. I actually want that one anyway, but just an interesting observation.

I tried playing NWN2 a couple of months ago. Seemed alright but just didn't feel engaging enough.

Also the engine is poorly optimized. On the highest setting, my PC chugs quite a bit. And my PC that plays Witcher 2 on very high settings without issue noticeably lags in a 7 year old game :|

Played the first NWN when it first came out, never did get or play the second one. Picked it up now thanks to the sale, in the que it goes!

-Carn

NWN1 was utter garbage... I was cheated into day 1 buy because of BG, learned my lesson I guess. NWN2 was mediocre at best. But ppl keep saying the MotB expansion is gr8 so I got the thing from GOG... Comparing it to PS:T sounds far-fetched but maybe it turns out entertaining enough for $4.

NWN1 was NOT utter garbage, the OC was. The importance of NWN was never the OC, but the incredible number of fantastic mods that were developed with actual external DM capabilities. A group of us here played nearly every one together over about a 5 year period. There were also a number of excellent PW's I tried during that time; ask Lucky about those.

Thanks for the heads up! I went ahead and picked up all the games as I didn't have them in a digital format yet.

Hmmm....when I go to download NWN2 from GOG, I see two things to download, a big DL and a smaller one. Do you need both installed, not sure what the smaller packet is?

-Carn

Carnifex, I think the smaller download is an update - 2.01 to 2.10

I went ahead and got the remaining titles in this pack that I did not have. I just had the plain vanilla NWN 1 & 2 on DVD without the expansions. I also noticed that NWN2 is no longer for sale on Steam, so wanted to make sure I had it for the expansions.

Sale of the year!

You have to get out of the starting areas of NWN2 OC - like the first 3-4 hours of gameplay and then it gets very good. In my opinion. For $20 this is a major bargain.

Back
Top Bottom