Votes: 19 27.1%
  • Dragon Age

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • Mass Effect 2

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Venetica

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
I voted Disciples 3 even though it's not really an RPG I guess. This is the one time that I am excited that the gameplay of a franchise I like, is being overhauled. The previous games got boring extremely fast and the combat is mind blowing simple to the point of not being fun at times. It looks like they kept the art style intact which is essential I think, the only thing is that I want my Undead back!!!

Expansion, my friend, expansion. :) At least I hope so, and assuming the game does well enough in this financial maelstrom we're in at present that the studio/publisher stays in business. I also infinitely prefer the Undead Hordes to the Legions of the Damned for those moments when only evil will do.

Expansion, my friend, expansion. :) At least I hope so, and assuming the game does well enough in this financial maelstrom we're in at present that the studio/publisher stays in business. I also infinitely prefer the Undead Hordes to the Legions of the Damned for those moments when only evil will do.

Yeah I guess so. Everything is about the $$$ nowadays. I'm actually kind of glad they got rid of the dwarves since I was never interested in them. I much prefer the elves, but I still get frustrated how the current trend of sequels seems to be that you trim off factions, features, units, etc. I was very disappointed with the HoMM games after 3.

Yeah I guess so. Everything is about the $$$ nowadays. I'm actually kind of glad they got rid of the dwarves since I was never interested in them. I much prefer the elves, but I still get frustrated how the current trend of sequels seems to be that you trim off factions, features, units, etc. I was very disappointed with the HoMM games after 3.

Exactly. Both series in their original incarnations featured hours and hours of campaigns and plenty of stand alone scenarios. Same concept when they did an expansion--there was always a very generous number of maps added( not to mention the replayability you got from the editor in HoMM)

Disciples did have a tendency to want to package up bits and pieces and sell them as mini-add-ons--Servants of the Dark pak and so forth. The new guys seem to be committed to that concept, and I guess it's one way to keep development time down and costs low enough to survive, so I'm not complaining. So long as I get the Undead back, anyway. I'm with you on the dwarves.

I thought alpha protocol is more action than rpg?

I find it hard to believe that a Alpha Protocol, a console only game, would get DOUBLE the votes of divinity 2, a game we RPG fans are so keen on its got its own Locus Inn page!

Dragon Age shipping without multiplayer sucks, but its MICROSOFTS fault cos the devs would have you use Games For Windows Live, a horrible game lobby service.

They could have done a Proper, LAN enabled PC version and left multiplayer out of XBOX (pissing off most of the money?) or gone GFWL for them both and had a lot of complaints/bad publicity about the multiplayer issues.

GFWL is so bad that its an instant boycott on any game for me and im still quietly pissed off i bought dawn of war 2.

Disciples 3 is a TBS first and foremost, but i am very keen.

Baldurs Gate 2 is still my favourite multiplayer game!

I thought alpha protocol is more action than rpg?

It's being developed by Obsidian Entertainment (previously Black Isle: Fallout, PS:T, IWD - currently Obsidian: KotOR2, NWN2, MotB, SoZ). If they say it's an RPG, it probably is. Seems to me that a lot of situations can be solved with or without violence, but it's most likely easier to just shoot your way through the game (as always).

@SirJames
Alpha is console only? From what I know, it will also be released on the PC.

Best RPG from E3?
Arcania
Alpha Protocol
Disciples III
Divinity II
Dragon Age
Mass Effect 2
Venetica

Funny thing is that all cRPGs I'm waiting for weren't show at E3 and all that I'm not waiting for (but hear about) were :D

Mass Effect 2-New gameplay footage,interviews,news and previews
Divinity 2-International Release Date,New Screens and Previews
Venetica-Got 100 Screens Released from E3 and Some Previews

Are my picks.

At this point, for me it's DD2 and Disciples 3. ..and I fully agree with Toth about that I like what I see with the changes regarding Disciples; - I'm really looking forward to both these titles.

I'll probaly end up buying all of the games listed - I can't see myself not getting ME2, for instance, but I'll wait a wee bit for the price to go down. I've already pre-ordered Dragon Age, but I'm not excited about it anymore, since I got tired of waiting...

I must admit, that I also started eyeing Venetica quite a while ago. It looks so fresh...

Funny about Diablo 3....

I was very disappointed with the HoMM games after 3.

HOMM 5 is rather different to the first games in the series, but I found it rather rich in it's own way. (Haven't even finished it yet).
All in all I found the HOMM games to be richer and have more depth than Disciples, but Disciples made up for that in that I loved the art and atmosphere of Disciples.

There were plenty of exciting role-playing games at this year's E3. This year's E3 brought with it plenty of exciting RPGs on all major platforms. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom