Diablo 3 - Updates @ Official Site

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Following up from yesterday's Diablo III BlizzCon updates, the official site now has the same material covered. There's a page on PvP, a recap on the forums from Bashiok called A Hero Emerges and a page for the new Demon Hunter. A snip on PvP:
Diablo III's PvP battles are fought in arenas spread out across the world of Sanctuary. These arenas aren't random -- they're all unique, designed with differing amounts of terrain and cover. You participate in PvP using the character of your choice, with access to all of the gear and skills you've accumulated playing the game in single-player or cooperative mode.
In other news, Shack has some hands-on impressions of the Arena and VoodooExtreme has large gallery of screens.
More information.

That is a very nice feature...and a very smart move on their part :)

I've seen every diablo 3 panel from blizzcon 2010 and they revealed some amazing stuff. The amount of customization in this game is gonna be mind-boggling. From active skills modified using runes, to traits (passive skills), to the amulet for chars storage, to the crafting system, the coloring of items, etc. Very cool indeed imo. :D

I've seen every diablo 3 panel from blizzcon 2010 and they revealed some amazing stuff. The amount of customization in this game is gonna be mind-boggling. From active skills modified using runes, to traits (passive skills), to the amulet for chars storage, to the crafting system, the coloring of items, etc. Very cool indeed imo. :D

Did you catch the mention that you might ony get an active skill point every even level (the plan to offer passive points every odd level was better established)? Kind of a bummer, but would explain how they think 7 active skills can stretch out 60 levels.

Did you catch the mention that you might ony get an active skill point every even level (the plan to offer passive points every odd level was better established)? Kind of a bummer, but would explain how they think 7 active skills can stretch out 60 levels.

7 active skills out of around 30. And irc they all have 5 levels of power. If you think about it, in D2 you only did use are 5 or so active skills. All the others were either passive, or you just wasted points as prerequisites. I personally am all for that.

I didn't hear that active skill points would only be gained every even level, though I did hear about the trait points being every odd level. It kinda seems like a bummer, but actually you do get one point (either active or passive) every level. So I guess that sounds ok to me. What I love though is being able to play around with runes. That sounds amazing to me. :D

Does anybody know if they are gonna release this game 2011 ? ARPGs are my truly favorite way to game , ever since Gauntlet . Also there is one coming out called Grim Dawn looks like it WILL compete with D3 .

Does anybody know if they are gonna release this game 2011 ? ARPGs are my truly favorite way to game , ever since Gauntlet . Also there is one coming out called Grim Dawn looks like it WILL compete with D3 .

I'd say almost no chance of it coming out in 2011. 2012 the earliest and 2013 the latest imo.

I'd say that it depends on whether the teams can share talent. Once the new WoW release is out, and the SC2 team is in low gear (after all, the core stuff should be done), can D3 borrow talent? Not sure, but I hope so. They did say that most mechanics are finished, so I have some hope for mid/late 2011. What the hell are they going to hype at next Blizzcon (D3 related) otherwise? They can't give everything away before release. I know that "i'ts done when it's done", but they can always spend more to move faster, if needed.

Really 2012 ? You really think so... WOW they have alot of screen shots and hype for this game u would think release is around the corner. im patient and i have no doubt the game will be high quality in every aspect . Maybe they should have anounced it when production was a little further along , i dont know seems like they are dragging the fans through the mud a bit .

I bet they are doing massive play tests, followed by rebalancing and tweeking. Perfectionists. Rare in this industry.

Should give the competitors plenty of time to copy and paste. ;)

I guess this will result in an inflation of guides (text documents) over specialized character builds.

Back
Top Bottom