Deathfire - Kickstarter on November 6th

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Guido Henkel annouces that Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore will be go live on kickstarter Wednesday, November 6.

“Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore” gets Kickstarted!

Many of you are by now aware of my latest project, “Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore,” I presume, and since you were a backer of my previous project, “Thorvalla,” I thought you might be interested in hearing that we are currently lining up a Kickstarter campaign for “Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore.”

The campaign will go live on Wednesday, November 6, so please mark your calendar and stop over to check out the campaign when we go live.

If you haven’t been following recent updates for the new game, feel free to take a look at the official “Deathfire” website at http://www.deathfiregame.com where we are hosting screenshots, massive details about the game and a lot of background information about the development process.

Thank you for your support in the past, I hope I will be able to welcome you once again as a backer for “Deathfire : Ruins of Nethermore” on November 6, especially since we will offer special perks for first-day backers!
More information.

Last edited:
Hmmm I had to look up who he was, even though I played the games he helped make....

No real detail about the game except it's RPG without saying is it singleplayer or not, partydriven or not, turnbased or not etc.
Engine is Unity.
Official forum is german...

Coach, remind us on 6th to check for some real details, I'm not googletranslatehappy.

There is actually quite alot of information available, though not early to find.
The Forums are english and german.
There are already a couple of screenshots and several blog entries about the game and it's functionality.
It's a turn based RPG in rather small but deep world.
Lot's of information can be found in the Darkcast: http://www.darkstation.com/darkcast/dci-ep-08-making-zombies-with-fire/

I am very confident that this time around Guido has much more to show than before with Thorvalla.

It's a turn based RPG in rather small but deep world.

I am very confident that this time around Guido has much more to show than before with Thorvalla.

Turnbased you say, i am certainly interested.
Curious about the info revealed @ 6th-11

Same here. I am most likely backing this...
I've been following it a little and it seems promising.

Oh my god, I just realized that I'm so desperate about good RPGs at the moment, that I would back this right now without having seen the KS presentation...

I just wanted to let you guys all know that there's tons of information on the official "Deathfire" website at http://www.deathfiregame.com

I've also prepared a page that outlines the game's general feature set - http://deathfiregame.com/features/

Please feel free to stop by and take a look at some of the stuff we have there. For months we've been journaling the process and the progress we've been making on the game and there truly is a wealth of info up there.

Also, the main message board on the site is in English - http://deathfiregame.com/forum/. The German sub-board only serves to supplement the English one.

Anyway, thanks for all your interest and the support we've been seeing, particularly here on RPGWatch.

Well this is looking good. Thanks for stopping by Guido and updating us. I don't think I will have any issue backing this one mostly on reputation as well as just the general feature set that we have seen so far. Ultimately its going to come down to is it enough for everyone else.

I think the PR blitz but stopping by sites like us and RPGCodex as well as the advanced notice all are definitely the right strategy and should maximize the success prospects. A lot of projects get the buzz too late to make them successful and it seems like a majority of video game success on kickstarter is determined by the first couple of days so if you falter there then it all kind of peters out.

Anyway, not really crazy about the name or the logo but then I almost didn't buy Planescape back in the day due to the box art and would have totally regretted that decision.

Edit: Just read A look at the focus group results and Deathfire’s final title and at least understand why you choose it. I definitely fall into the camp where Deathfire == Action-RPG or just action or something and Ruins of Nethermore as more interesting but probably a little too much.

Screenshots here and here

Last edited:
I really like what I see..will back when you get it going.

Thanks for joining and posting Guido Henkel. Thanks for the information but I'm saddened people don't check the game archive that has most of what you posted.

Link-http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/news?ref=0&id=524
I wish you success and will back your project and post the updates.:party:

What is in a name? Apparently quite a bit cause I gloss over the news items without hesitation assuming its not for me just from the name. Not much of an excuse but is all I got and why I've never noticed this title before I suppose. No time like the present to correct it though.

Thanks for the support, guys. I hope you will like what you see in the Kickstarter video also. Good bunch of in-game footage I've been editing in there, so I hope it will give you a good impression of what the game looks and feels like.

Back
Top Bottom