Lionhead Studios - Being Peter Molyneux @ Gamasutra

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A four-page interview with Peter Molyneux is up at Gamasutra, discussing "next-gen" development, his persona and Fable 2:
GS: So what can you say about Fable 2?
PM: Here’s the thing about Fable 2 – the whole reason that Lionhead exists, the reason that Microsoft acquired us, and the reason that I still am passionate about games is about innovation. We should kick every single foundation stone that we’ve got in Fable 2 – the way we’ve done that is with lots of experiments.
There are experiments with how we tell the story, experiments with what the world is and what the world means, experiments with - and this is probably the biggest experiment of all – the emotions I want you to feel as a player.
I want you to feel real emotions with Fable 2 that you haven’t felt before. I want you to experience things like unconditional love – that’s what I’m trying to get to. What this all adds up to is the idea that Fable 2 is intended to be a landmark game – it’s not just a sequel to Fable. It would have been so easy to do that.
More information.

I'm sure he'll spew out many fantastic features and innovation he's going to bring forth then later apologize his failure to lack of time and money. Why is this moron continue to make crappy games over and over? It's beyond me.

PetertheGreat said:
I want you to experience things like unconditional love

:lol: That's just too good. This tiger will never change his stripes...

Hopefully he truly has learned from experiences ... but I tend to think that it *will* be "just a sequel to Fable."

I like his spirit though, even when he not delivers the goods all the time. But I fault his PR man more for not gagging him in time. He probably drove some of those guys totally insane already. "What did Peter say this time? No, please say that he didn't......argfghhdh". It's the imagination of game developers like Peter that give innovation a fighting chance in this conservative fear-driven market.

Back
Top Bottom