FastCrawl - Review @ Gear Diary

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Michael Anderson sent in a handful of articles from his Gear Diary blog, with FastCrawl the first cab of the rank:
FastCrawl isn’t going to be the type of game that you will play exclusively for weeks on end – rather it is the game that you’ll fit into small slots of time amongst your other gaming. It will not confuse you or mess up your memory of characters or stories in other games – and it really doesn’t matter how long you set it aside before finishing a dungeon. Just a few minutes remembering your party and their equipment and capabilities and you’re ready to explore some more.
This is the perfect casual role-playing game for fans of any genre – you get a nicely designed dungeon crawl that will fit your schedule and that leaves you anticipating your next quick trip through the dungeon.
More information.

IIRC, the game had some issues that were never resolved with the last patch being in 2006. Seems like I told myself a ways back that I'd give this a shot if things ever got lively on it again---but from a check just now...nope. Just a sea of spam on the forum.

Shame too as there'd seem to be much potential overall. :(

What issues? The version I have (1.03) is rock-solid.

I'm curious how this compares to Monster's Den. MD came out later and I suspect iterated on the FC design - due to sharing many similarities.

I found MD to be a better experience, but I only played the FC demo a long time ago.

I found MD to be a better experience, but I only played the FC demo a long time ago.

Same here. MD seems to steal FC's design and improved it tremendously. There's no point in paying for FC now.

"FastCrawl" - the definitively perfect way to describe Blizzard's Action-RPGs !

Back
Top Bottom