Gothic 3 - Unofficial Community Patch v1.4

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A new community patch for Gothic 3 has been released. Here is the changelog for this v1.4 unofficial update:
Gothic 3 Community Patch v1.4

I. Community Patch v1.4
=======================

- One can learn "Make poison" bugfree.
+ One can learn "Master thief". (Soundless dialog)
- Artifacts of Adanos cannot be sold.
+ Milten gives the teleporterstone for the Monastery.
- Censoring of nude women removed.
- The game can also be ended when Zuben is already long dead.
- When Orknarok accompanies the hero, he will not be attacked by the Nomads and vice versa.
- Orknarok leaves the party, once the requirements therefore are met.
- One cannot get Shakyors Druidstone twice.
+ Mort leads one when needed for a second time to the Hammerclan, Fireclan or to the entrance of the mine.
- Hogar does not kill the hero for the quest "Duel with Hogar".
+ The quest "Delivery to Nordmar" unlocked. (Soundless dialog)
- One can speak with Dargoth about the "Fifth temple", once prerequired knowledge has been obtained.
- Lisk gives only final comments about the liberation of the mine when he has taken part in it.
- One can say to Xardas "I have the five artifacts of Adanos" only when one has them.
- Asaru is teacher for martial arts, when one assures him to help him.
+ Tyler says "Where to now? To Trelis, or what?", before one attacks Trelis together.
- Effects of "Black Rhobar" corrected.
+ Two comments from Dan and Goose unlocked.
- Information for the quest "Just a fallen..." noted in the questlog.
- Some inconsistencies in the dialogdata resolved.
- Sulfock gives experience "Kill the threatening Snapper in front of the Sulphurmine".
- For the quest "Sell the skin to Gnar for 500 gold pieces" one can give Wilson 500 gold.
- The spiked cutchel has a goldvalue of 150, instead of 4500 gold.
- One cannot interrupt Lee during his teleport by means of a dialog.
- Iljas Vaze, Shadowscepter and Chalice of the Watertraders are ordened properly in the inventory.
- For the quest "Covert operations" one needs the amulet of Ilja.
- One cannot drink empty bottles and viles.
- The Krush Irmak deals damage.
- Kamak and the Orcs with the excavation form one party.
+ Dialog of Xardas unlocked.
- Murak does not react like a slave after the liberation of Bakaresh.
+ Additional dialog options for Kan unlocked.
- One can follow certain dialogs still after the relevant NPCs are dead.
- The quest "Free Kliff from the Orcs on the farm" can always be ended.
- One cannot say to Kliff "You are free now", when he already knows it.
- Georg is promoted to Paladin when giving the blessed Fire Chalice.
- When one attacks Sugut or his camp with the Nomads, one will be treated as a normal assassin.
Thanks JDR13 on the forums and Dark Savant.
More information.

- Censoring of nude women removed

ATLAST, how I have waited. :)

I suppose the various G3 walkthrough's that were compiled are now effectively 'out of date' since this patch appears to alter prime quests and routines. :rolleyes:

I suppose the various G3 walkthrough's that were compiled are now effectively 'out of date' since this patch appears to alter prime quests and routines. :rolleyes:

I wonder whether this does affect the official printed game solution as well ? :rolleyes:

does anyone know when is the next patch coming? i know it has just been releasing but i want to know when the next one comes...

I would say that you can expect 1.4.1 in a week (because they are bound to have missed something!), and the next major version at least a month from now.

Of course, that's little more than a guess, so I'd take it with a grain of salt. ;)

I'm just glad the patches are being released. Maybe I can dust the game off now and try to finish it.

Heh, I'm gonna try this one and see how I like it. I was never far into the game, so I never ran into too much trouble. So this should make things ever better.

As I said in some thread at the G3 forum before this news got posted:

None of these changes makes a huge difference for me, although they did upset balance a bit by giving Krush Irmak damage. It's a weapon needed for a quest that has the same damage as normal orc halberds, but with less strength requirement. In the original, the weapon was listed as having damage, but without actually damaging anyone you hit - now it's got regular damage, but with less requirement, so you can get the best weapon in the game a whole lot sooner.

I hope they reduced its damage at least, or you'll suddenly be able to run around with the allmighty orc halberd 1/3 into the game, instead of waiting for 400 strength.

I would say that you can expect 1.4.1 in a week (because they are bound to have missed something!), and the next major version at least a month from now.

Of course, that's little more than a guess, so I'd take it with a grain of salt. ;)

With regards to timelines i just wanted remind everybody of not too high expectiations due to these facts:

1.) From various responses of the Comm-Patch-Team to ideas and questions directed at them it has become clear that THEY DO NOT YET HAVE BEEN HANDED ANY BIT OF THE SOURCE CODE so far !
Their replies also already indicated some serious limits in their ability to patch or alter the game otherwise (at least for the time being).

2.) Even if Jowood finally gets their feet moving and opens the levees, the Tools the PBs used to modify these sources seem NOT to be included then. At least that's what one singular remark been dropped in the forums seemed to suggest.
[ Take that with CAUTION, though! I had stumbled across that bit within the last two weeks or so, but searched the whole evening now being unfortunately unable to locate the post from the respective Comm.-Patcher again! :-/

So take care of your patience with them.
After all it´s just a labor of love, mind you!
:)

Ragon, The Mage

Roi Danton´s post can be found here. He says that the team did not receive source code at the time of posting (July 20th).

Other than a few questionable choices concerning some item stats and cost, I think they did an excellent job with this patch.

None of these changes makes a huge difference for me

What would make a huge difference to you? As far as I can see, they fixed skills that were previously unlearnable, fixed various situations where you couldn't finish the main quest anymore, fixed numerous broken quests, opened missing dialogue trees and made various other improvements. To me that sounds good.

Yeah, they probably will never make fixes to the plot or engine, at least not until they get the source code and even then I have my doubts. But last time I started up Gothic 3, I was amazed that it actually ran pretty well. Apart from the huge loading times, I thought it was really playable. I can't help the plot, of course, but it's not so bad I think.

The community patch should include close to zero "modifications" to the game. Their intention is fixing problems while staying as close to the original as possible, which sometimes means they have to find improvised solutions.
Bigger changes are external downloads. The CM won´t be similar to the well known Vampire 2 patch.

I would guess development will slow down. They´re running out of things they can fix without source code - and the lack of source code certainly doesn´t help motivation.

The community patch should include close to zero "modifications" to the game.

We had a similar thing with the unifficial Patch of AoW: SM, which is basically a patch plus fixes plus kind of an "community mod", because the patch incorporated a *lot* of new features into the game.

There was no clear line dividing both.

Roi Danton´s post can be found here. He says that the team did not receive source code at the time of posting (July 20th).

Hi Gorath,

thanks - but that´s actually not the one i meant.
Of course your´s from Roi Danton is pretty comprehensive on the Source Code issue´s current status otherwise and gives a nice insight into the Comm. Patch Teams feelings about it.

But what i had actually been desperate about to recover was s.th. being more explicit about the Tools G3 had been made with probably not being included in Jowood´s package to them. :-/
It was not much more than 2 lines on that aspect, but quite full of doubt and irony, even next to sarcasm when mentioning the Tools.
I think it was a replique to a question about fix potential when having the code, raised from the community. :thinking:

I had the likes of Solandro, lichtwicht, Supernova or ANNOManiac in mind, those guys likely to be candidates for function of gnashing their teeth deeper into the source then.

Anyway... :uhoh:

I would guess development will slow down. They´re running out of things they can fix without source code - and the lack of source code certainly doesn´t help motivation

Indeed. Matter of fact signs for that are evident already.
You can read it from how a few are already shifting more to modding, like the very nice and thoughtful quests from HumanForce, btw. ;)

The excitement on the perspective of laying ones hands on the srouce code is fastly deteriorating. :uneasy:

The community patch should include close to zero "modifications" to the game. Their intention is fixing problems while staying as close to the original as possible, which sometimes means they have to find improvised solutions.
Bigger changes are external downloads. The CM won´t be similar to the well known Vampire 2 patch.

ABSOUTELY!
And that´s how it should be.
Luckily this main theme seems to have prevailed throughout the Patch Team in the meantime.
The Comm. Patch should be for fixing alone.
No gamer should be forced to "buy" subjective modifications together with their long lacked and desired fixes.
After that (or even on parallel but in a separated line of efforts) the team can happily mod away, no objections.

And i´ll even get some of those as they have already a few nice concepts, as i said earlier. ^^

Ragon, The Mage

I am glad some are having some luck with this, when I installed the 1.3 version on a clean install and patching to Official 1.12, as I headed down in the cave at Reddock, I got a Quest complete for "Meeting Lester at the Temple" even though I had been playing for under 2 hours, so I uninstalled the 1.3 version and didn't have the problem again.

Has anyone else experienced ramdom quest problems after installing Unoffical patches?
I looked in the main Gothic 3 froum didnt see any post deicated to the Unoffical patch, thanks. :)

I am glad some are having some luck with this, when I installed the 1.3 version on a clean install and patching to Official 1.12, as I headed down in the cave at Reddock, I got a Quest complete for "Meeting Lester at the Temple" even though I had been playing for under 2 hours, so I uninstalled the 1.3 version and didn't have the problem again.

Has anyone else experienced ramdom quest problems after installing Unoffical patches?
I looked in the main Gothic 3 froum didnt see any post deicated to the Unoffical patch, thanks. :)

Did you have any saved games on your hard drive? I know you said "clean install" but you must manually delete the save folder when you uninstall Gothic 3.(At least I had to)

Just curious, because what you describe is a symptom of a bug that sometimes occurs when you start a new game and you have old saves.

*Edit* Here you go...
http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?t=144748&page=9
It seems some other people also experienced that same bug. It's fixed in patch 1.4

Last edited:
Thanks, JDR13, god to know they fixed it. :)
Well at first I couldn't remember for sure but then checked and I made a backup folder where I moved my old save games, so looks I used only new saves.

I am glad some are having some luck with this, when I installed the 1.3 version on a clean install and patching to Official 1.12

If you did it in that order then that's the wrong order. You need to patch to 1.12 first and then install the community patch after that.

Back
Top Bottom