The "I Just Bought" thread

But you could be assured there would be people complaining about not getting in on the deal due to lack of time :)
Very well done. 3 interwebs awarded. ;)

I just bought HIM. - Nah, actually I preordered him back in April 2013. But he arrived today, and I'm so happy!
:D
He came with four heads: a Phase 1 helmet(ed head), a Phase 2 helmet(ed head), an early stage cyber-eye head (pic) and a later stage cyber-eye head like the one in my avatar.
Sigh.

Attachments

• 2014-01-13 20.30.35.jpg
    2014-01-13 20.30.35.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 93
YUCK!
I like it! :D

Hehehe :gorath:. Next to this rather grim-looking version of Wolffe, Gree looks like a schoolboy ^^.

500 bucks for that thing? Don't. Just don't.

Unless ofc you want to rent it and get rich daily "microtransactions".

It's a good concept and $500 is probably a fair price given today's market... but I would never invest that kind of money into a piece of technology without either personally testing it first or reading several reviews.

The price may be fair but if you really want to give 500 for a gadget, then buy some Sennheiser wireless headphones.

I actually have read a few articles about this and the Occulus Rift ,which is probably a few years away. The Glyph combines Vr display-head tracker, headphones and head tracker with a built in microphone. Added to the fact that I haven't put a dime in my computer since 2009. I love gadgets and this looks so cool. According to the articles I have read, the Glyph will self correct eyeglass wearers since its using your eyes for a display. If you add the price of headphones and mike to the Rift the price is the same.
I do wonder what they can achieve by beta timeline and what the real price point will be at release time.

New Coffee table book ;)

Attachments

• DSC00054.JPG
    DSC00054.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC00055.JPG
    DSC00055.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC00059.JPG
    DSC00059.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC00061.JPG
    DSC00061.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 53
Nicely done, if only I knew what's it about, does look like it's about some fantasy setting though.
Do you have any RPG book like that one for just turning pages and not reading? I'm interested into buying some.

You pulling my leg? o_O It does say Dark Souls on the cover ;)

Its full of Design pieces, concept sketches (some of them dropped) and a very interesting interview with the Game's Director and some of the main designers at the end (I actually got a couple of hints about things I have missed and am set to look up into my next play through… It boggles my mind this game sometimes :) It also boggles the mind why this man is not the undisputed director for #2 too …. ).

Now for games Artbooks… Hmm. tbh this is the First one I was enticed to buy as PB and CDPR haven't seen fit to release one yet. Maybe for the Witcher #3 they will ;)

The japanese seem to be a lot into it. I think I've seen ones for the FFs and Dragon Dogma on Amazon at least (a search for art book for that game should bring them up)…

Erm… I still don't know what's Dark Souls, sorry.

FF... Dragon Dogma... Bah. No. Yes to manga, no to grindRPGs.

And what cdpr artbook, where, I want that!

Well its a japanese Action RPG and its full of respawning (and you could do some grinding too although its optional!) so you may have just blocked it ;)

CDPR artbook. Yeah pretty weird that they have not capitalized on their art Direction like that yet... Seems like a no-brainer to me...

Ah, well... Didn't buy that game nor would. But those two artpages from it look very nice.

In case you hear about some cdpr artbook, even if it's fan made one, do not forget to give a nudge here, I'm almost desperate to have that.
Even printed cards from the first witcher would do!

Well If they do I'll post the images here ;)

Now that I think about it that ridiculously overpriced collector's edition for #2 did have one, but those (part of the CE bundles) are relatively lower quality affairs and besides I don't have any use for the rest of the crap on the average CE edition (nor am I likely to pay that kind of money for a bust i.e. etc :) )

Thanks ;)

It is a bit pricy perhaps considering how slim it is, and I would have liked to see them giving some of the designs some space to breath (more full and double page spreads). Not to mention that it would have been nice if they had upgraded the english version with designs from AotA...

Still a very nice buy for the fan methinks :)

Last edited:
Hmm that does look pretty nice. Pity they did not release it separately...

Back
Top Bottom