Dragon Age 2 - PAX Info

aries100

SasqWatch
Sir Occam, a forumite on the Bioware DA2 forums, attended the Bioware PAX panel 2 says ago. He apparently started filming untill Mike Laidliw told them not to film at all. Then he scribbled - a lot. Please go this thread on the DA2 forums if you want to read all his observations. Here are some of the highlights:
The first question was about the chance of Hawke and the Warden ever meeting. David Gaider split that up into two questions: 1) Will each be a PC or NPC, and 2) will they meet. To the first, he implied that the Warden would likely not return as a PC, but Hawke would (I assume this means in further DLC). As to the meeting, Gaider said they are "perhaps so inclined." So what I came away with was that they will meet, with Hawke as the PC, and the Warden as an NPC. Or perhaps it will happen off-screen. Just my speculation...they didn't promise any of that.
The change in Anders' personality, according to DG, could probably have used some kind of intermediary step, but it was something DG liked. Returning characters need to evolve, so if they come back, they too might be different.
Someone asked which kind of combat they're going for: DAO's more MMO-esque combat, or DA2's more hack and slash type? Mike said it could be slowed down a bit, but he is still firmly anti-shuffle. (Yay!) They want to design encounters, not fights. Hawke should be shouting "more coming over the hill" and not "here comes another wave!" Also the environment should play a bigger role.
And for some reason he was excited about Felicia Day being there...
SergeySW on the Bioware forums found this info from nerdappropriate.
I'm highlighting again:
Player Customization – Bioware is fully aware that players want to be able to customize their companion’s armor and appearance, and it looks to be coming back. Briefly shown on the screen was a shot of Meryll in an entirely new suit of armor with head, chest, hand, and foot slots unlocked. I think it would be a real challenge to implement as DLC, so we may have actually seen a quick glimpse of DA3 or perhaps an unannounced expansion pack.
On DA3 Premise – Dragon Age: Origins was about saving Ferelden from the Blight, whereas Dragon Age 2 was all about creating the conflict that fuels DA3. It was mentioned that DA2 was “the big setup” with the goal of the third game being “saving the world from…. itself.
Protagonists: Hawke’s story is not quite done, whereas the story of the Hero of Ferelden.. is over. This does not mean that the Warden Commander isn’t an important character in the universe, just that you won’t be playing him/her as the main protagonist of the story. Gaider also hinted that the future of the franchise may rest with an all new unseen hero.
More information.

Pft, Bioware is so full of bad decisions now. I don't care about Hawk! I wanted my Warden back, rather! And I found the Blight backstory way more interesting...

Oh well...

Fan: "So, what's the plan for the next game, considering the way the first two diverged, and the very different responses that you've gotten from them?"

Bioware: "We have no fucking idea. We're gonna go back to the office, hit the AWESOME button and smoke a joint. We've got automatic withdrawl your checking accounts, anyway."

Because of the DA:O marketing ? ;)

It really wasn't a bad game, they just made a couple shit decisions.
I see it as DA:O's Icewind Dale.

Er… I don't think it has anything to do with DA:O.

I think it has.

Because I tend to believe that many people bought DA2 because they had expected an experience similar to DA:O.

Back
Top Bottom