Risen - Official Video

OK so after all the PB fanboys made fun of the Gothic 4 models.....whaddya gonna say NOW???? :D:biggrin:

Me I'm buying both regardless

OK so after all the PB fanboys made fun of the Gothic 4 models.....whaddya gonna say NOW???? :D:biggrin:

Are you seeing something that the rest of us aren't? What's wrong with the models? So far they look to be at least as good as the models in Gothic 3, if not better.

Porcupines? Knuckle dragging little hobbit troll things? I'm just saying, no better and no worse than what weve seen with G4 so far.

Yes the character design. I'm not complaining about them, they are creative. But there was soooo much bashing about the G4 screenshots I feel compelled to make a point of it.

I think of them as models anyway. That's what they were called in the old Quake development days (mdl files) and still in 3dstudio max which I've done some development in.

after picking up Helldorado this past week, also developed by Spellbound, I'm finding that I'm actually hopeful for Gothic 4 despite Jowood deserving every 4 letter word in the universe. Risen will be more gothic than Gothic 4, but that doesn't mean both can't be great though different games, which in my view is a glorious situation. Spellbound, like the pirahnas seem to have a great attention to detail in the gameworld as well as a sense of humour, two things i greatly appreciate in a game of any genre.

PB does decent job on environment...but need better charactor modeler, animator in perticular. Animation still on G1+ level. Anyway, I will pick up this game as soon as avilable.

Back
Top Bottom