Legend of Grimrock 2 - Looking for Freelance Portrait Artist

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Almost Human has posted a new blog entry for of a new position on their team for a talented freelance artist to create new awesome character portraits for the upcoming Legend of Grimrock 2.

rekry.jpg

Ahoy ye freelancers! Almost Human is looking for talented freelance artist to create new awesome character portraits for the upcoming Legend of Grimrock 2.

More information.

Aren't we all? Strange that this niche is so hard to fill.

Wow, I could just not get into this game. It was basically a twitch puzzle game with very light role playing elements. You get like 1 skill point a level to play with and the rest of it is flipping levers, pushing buttons, and avoiding pits. If it goes outdoors and adds a massive amount of skills, then it might vaguely resemble an rpg over a puzzle game.

Wow, I could just not get into this game. It was basically a twitch puzzle game with very light role playing elements. You get like 1 skill point a level to play with and the rest of it is flipping levers, pushing buttons, and avoiding pits. If it goes outdoors and adds a massive amount of skills, then it might vaguely resemble an rpg over a puzzle game.

I don't think it was meant to be a hardcore RPG. It was meant to be a modern take on old first person action-rpg dungeon crawls like Eye of the Beholder or Dungeon Master. I'm glad they did too, because we haven't seen much activity in the niche in years. Arx Fatalis was the last one before Grimrock I can think of and that was 2002. If we further limit the search to tile-based movement, you have to go even further back to the mid 90s.

Last edited:
Yeah, think Stonekeep was the last. Here's hoping they actually hire a writer and actually have a story this time. It would be much better and was clearly their biggest void, even for the older style of dungeon crawler.

Funny thing is, I never rested and had no idea there was any symblance of a story. Sort of shocked and out of context to get a text message at near the end.

Back
Top Bottom