The Witcher - GC 2007 Game Trailer

magerette

Hedgewitch
ActionTrip has posted a streaming clip of the Witcher gameplay trailer shown at the recent Games Convention in Leipzig.
CD Projekt finally releases the gameplay footage from The Witcher that they showed at the GC 2007. This RPG is looking great. Check it out for yourselves.
More information.

I played it at the GC ... I just couldn't get used to the combat system. The animations may look good, but (in the 15 minutes I played it) I were always staring at a tiny sword-symbol in the middle of the screen while fighting, to be sure to make a combo.
I had my reservations regarding the combat system of Gothic 3 when I played it last year at the GC06, and boy, was I right.

Hmm the combat system usually is something that you have o get used toi to fully enjoy it, especially if it's something completely new in the genre.
But we will see it in action :p
My friend works as QA in CDPR and he told me that combat system rocks after playing it for a while:p

I am becoming more sure every day that this game might become the one game that will be able to compete with gothic or even might throw it of its trown. The only question that remains for me is will the combat be interesting or too consolish?

I played it at the GC ... I just couldn't get used to the combat system. The animations may look good, but (in the 15 minutes I played it) I were always staring at a tiny sword-symbol in the middle of the screen while fighting, to be sure to make a combo.

That's definitely worrying. If it is anything like the action sequences in Fahrenheit or the newer Tomb Raider games then that'd suck. The first problem is that it blows when you can't focus on what's actually happening on screen. The second and greater problem in my opinion is that it sort of feels as if you are a retarded lab monkey when you're forced to stare at the screen, waiting for some crap to flash or light up. Not good. At least in Fahrenheit and TRL and TRA it was limited to the (or some) action sequences so it wasn't the main occupation but play through an entire (presumably not too light on combat) game and do every fight in lab monkey mode? Ummm... thanks but no ;) . Would be great if they would release a demo so one can check how much it sucks and if it is a gamebreaking deal or not.

I must admit I never had such a problem - you can tell by the sound and the weapon trial when to attack again without having to specifically stare at anything - I could just watch what was going on and where other bad guys were etc.

As you play through the game, you'll also become a bit more accustomed to the timing of the attacks. I've found the biggest hurdle people usually have is getting used to the fact that you can't just click-click-click and expect to be successful; this is actually the first time I've heard anyone complain about having to pay attention to the cursor. I don't think it should be a problem for most, and if it is, I think you'll get used to it pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom