Original Sin - Patch 1.0.107 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
It seems Larian Studios released another patch on Steam for Divinity: Original Sin this week. As usual here are some of the changes, and updates from the patch.

Update V1.0.107

We had a small holiday to recuperate from the release but are back now and are going to continue with updating and improving Divinity:Original Sin.

Expect new companions, plenty of quality of life improvements (in the game at least ;) ) and more from us in the coming weeks.

Today's update includes a number of fixes and also introduces UI scaling.

Just go to options/game and use the UI scaling slader if you the user interface is too small/large for you.

Here is the list of other changes:

Introduced UI scaling
Fixed translations of the journal, level names and secrets
Fix for corrupted packed files
Fixed the modding menu
Fixed Henchman XP issue when hiring
Fixed status icons being empty when a character is charmed
Fixed issues when characters stopped following each other
Fixed crash when closing trade before icons are loaded
Fixed invulnerable status of death knights being reapplied after save/load
Minimap moved back to top layer
Fixed rare crash when resurrecting
Fixed Henchmen changing visual after save/load
Fixed race condition with cooperative dialogs
Improved memory footprint on win32
Fixed enemy portrait targeting with special arrows

Editor fixes

AI grid generation fix
It's now easier to add new scripts
Fixed a number of crashes
Improved error reporting when there's an issue with file copying
Remove Perforce status icons if you don't have perforce
More information.

The UI scaling is awesome. Thanks, Larian. :)

Is the patch on gog as well?

At their current rate at least 9 more patches seems likely.

Seems like they took it out of early access a couple months to early. I'll continue to wait.

jay for UI scaling!
i was thinking they were thinking that some modder will take care of that.
only 9 more patches then the game will be ready for my first playthrough

By the time I get around to playing this, it will be nicely polished, good to see all the fixes they are continuing to do.

Bah. The game is good as it is, no need for any more patches.
All they need is to do some nerfs on crafting and some talents and finally start working on D:OS2.

I couldn't help myself; finally caved in and bought the game this weekend. I might sneak in some time tomorrow to test it for a bit.

Well it sure looks like the game is selling very well and since it is buggy I think they can afford to keep patching it to keep a good reputation with their customers that they care about the quality of their game. I think they do, too.

I'm letting it bake too and if they do get all of the important bugs (and more) patched that's even more money in the bank for Larian's future projects!

Well it sure looks like the game is selling very well and since it is buggy I think they can afford to keep patching it to keep a good reputation with their customers that they care about the quality of their game.
I think saying it's buggy is simply wrong. I started my playthrough the day it came out, and I ran into less bugs than you would in your average game released today. Also, I think it crashed-to-desktop on me a grand total of once, in 120+ hours.

I think saying it's buggy is simply wrong. I started my playthrough the day it came out, and I ran into less bugs than you would in your average game released today. Also, I think it crashed-to-desktop on me a grand total of once, in 120+ hours.

I agree. There is the occasional bug. But to classify this game as a "buggy" is misleading. Skyrim was a buggy mess on release - D:OS on the other hand was delivered quite polished, though not perfect. I've yet to encounter a single CTD in about 30 hours and the two or three bugs I've observed are minor.

My experience is in-line with this. I don't consider the patches to be necessary, but as improvements made from a developer who has true pride in their work and has decided that they can make an already outstandingly well-crafted game even better.
It is certainly a premium title as it stands, and those who feel they need to wait around until it's updated X more times are doing so quite unnecessarily.

Another +1 from me. I've put 60 hours in and have yet to come across a bug (that I noticed at least, no crashes).

It is nice to see the continued support but the game is most definitely ready to play now.

It is certainly a premium title as it stands, and those who feel they need to wait around until it's updated X more times are doing so quite unnecessarily.

I haven't been waiting because of bug fixes but because of content updates. They are going to be adding two new companions in one of the next patches, for example. I believe I will very much appreciate this added level of variety when I finally start playing the game. And if, as they've said, they manage to add in more convenience features then that's very welcome as well, of course.

I generally don't have all that much time for gaming and I usually only play games once so, knowing fully well that this is a special game (as a backer I've played some of the alpha/beta), I want to play the best and most complete version as possible.
And so the waiting game continues (which is made easy by a ridiculous backlog... it's not like I wouldn't know what to play in the meantime ;) ).

It's not buggy but it could definitely be improved by more patches; anything from more companion options to better skill balance to better enemy AI to less reliance on 100% random chests would do wonders for the game.

I haven't been waiting because of bug fixes but because of content updates. They are going to be adding two new companions in one of the next patches, for example. I believe I will very much appreciate this added level of variety when I finally start playing the game. And if, as they've said, they manage to add in more convenience features then that's very welcome as well, of course.

I generally don't have all that much time for gaming and I usually only play games once so, knowing fully well that this is a special game (as a backer I've played some of the alpha/beta), I want to play the best and most complete version as possible.
And so the waiting game continues (which is made easy by a ridiculous backlog… it's not like I wouldn't know what to play in the meantime ;) ).

I feel you there. I've been able to play only a few lengthy stints myself, owing that to a most fortunate flu bug, so I am nowhere near finished. Suffice it to say that you should greatly enjoy the experience once you get time; it is truly a masterpiece. I don't throw high praises around for games much these days, but this title is highly deserving.

Back
Top Bottom