Diablo 1

Parts of The Catacombs at the end of Act 1 had a few moments for me, but yeah not as scary. However I've traded being scared for being amazed at all the cool looking environments. Some of my favorites: The Gothic Monastery in which Andariel resided, The deserts around Lut Golein, The Arcane Sanctuary, the various desert tombs. Hell was amazing through and through, and Act 5 had it's moments. Loved the music in Harrogath.

And yeah, I also hated the Jungle. Couldn't see anything and those little guys with blow-pipes were annoying as hell. Fast little buggers, weren't they? :p And I just remember the shaman variants. God could they drain your life in mere seconds if you didn't have fire protection. Hmm, good times. *day-dreams* :)

And yeah, I also hated the Jungle. Couldn't see anything and those little guys with blow-pipes were annoying as hell. Fast little buggers, weren't they? :p And I just remember the shaman variants. God could they drain your life in mere seconds if you didn't have fire protection. Hmm, good times. *day-dreams* :)

Not only that, all the jungle maps also went on forever and ever and ever and ever... And then, when you thought you were finally out of it they went on a little longer. Then you died and had to redo the damn thing.

Übereil

I hated the single-player in Diablo 2, I quite after the 2nd area. The last straw was when I discovered that even the level bosses respawned when you went back through a previous area.

I was also gravely disappointed in the atmosphere of Diablo 2 - and the areas were pretty bland for the most part. That said, I LOVED the jungle setting - and I found the fetish enemies delightfully dark and unsettling.

But it DID go on for way too long, and that particular area should have been cut in half.

However, I find the gameplay mechanics/loot system of Diablo 2 infinitely better than those found in D1 - so overall I still preferred D2.

NCSX just made a sale (go get your commission :p)

This is exactly what I need for couch lounging gaming, and I appreciate you sharing this.

You're probably not going to get it for awhile as they seem to be limiting production according to some of those asian shops. I'm waiting to see if they announce anything at E3 for a western release.

All this talk of Diablo makes me wish my copy still worked. Though I never really got into it then, just thought it was a graphical Nethack/ADOM with less story. It was still good to kill a few hours though, and the graphics, despite what the graphics whores of today say, are well done.

Maybe there'll be a cheap copy on Amazon. I still have budget left, though I was intending to buy Hogswatch.

Gamespot have an article explaining that Demon's Souls is getting a NA release.

Atlus today proudly touted a dalliance with darkness, as the import publisher confirmed that it has picked up the publishing rights for the Japanese PS3-exclusive action-role-playing game Demon's Soul. Developed by From Software, the game was originally published by Sony Computer Entertainment International.

Set in the medieval kingdom of Boletaria, Demon's Souls calls upon gamers to cleanse the land of a demonic scourge unwittingly unleashed by the king in a misguided grab for power. Players will also be able to customize character skills and equipment to the task, relying on melee, projectile, and magic attacks to send the cursed creatures back from whence they came.

Online play is also going to be a focus of Demon's Souls. In addition to teaming up to hack through the single-player campaign, players will be able to invade other players' games, team-up to revive fallen comrades, and leave hints and warnings for players in other games.

This isn't the first system-exclusive for From Software. The studio behind the Armored Core series also developed the Xbox 360 mech game Chromehounds, as well as this year's Microsoft-published action title Ninja Blade.

Demon's Souls is set for a North American release this fall, and will be on display next month at E3 2009. For more on the title, check out GameSpot's hands-on impressions from last year's Tokyo Game Show.

Last edited:
I wonder if playing Diablo 1 multiplayer would be fun.

Seriously, i know I was whining about how slow it us n stuff, but it might be fun to get old school diablo w/ someone else playing too.

I wonder if playing Diablo 1 multiplayer would be fun.

Seriously, i know I was whining about how slow it us n stuff, but it might be fun to get old school diablo w/ someone else playing too.

It's not really Diablo 1 without multiplayer.

i personally LOVE d2, and basicly the only reason i cant get around to playing d1 is that you cant hold down your mouse button to continously attack. it gets soo tedious after a while, esp. since there are *a lot* of monsters :D.
you could try the "back to hellfire" mod for d2, which basicly puts all d1 content into d2. levels, items, mobs, music etc, its all there..

Back
Top Bottom