Ossian Studios - The Shadow Sun - Coming to Android

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Apparently Ossian's The Shadow Sun will also be coming to Android in addition to iOS, according to Droid Gamers:
Back when this game was announced it was destined to be for iOS but since then many requests were to have this game land on Android as well. The last that was heard about this topic from the developers was back in June 2011 when they said in their forums they were strongly considering bringing this game to Android as well. Well we have received word from Ossian that it will indeed be coming to Android.
Still no word on a release date, though.
More information.

No word since June 20 on Ossian's site, meaning I have no clue if this is even real ...

Android tablets have pretty much sucked to date, with none managing to take the money from my outstretched hand, in spite of me already having Android phones ... and the fragmentation that plagues phones is at least as bad for tablets. So when they say Android, it will mean just a small subset that has the right processor, right OS version, and so on ...

I'm glad there are developers out there willing to make the effort, even if it doesn't seem worthwhile at this stage. The App market dominance couldn't have been in worse hands as it is.

They should sell it directly.
And bypass *any* publisher, *especially* Atari/Infogrames ...

Well, if it is also Android bound then that at least slightly boosts the odds of an eventual PC port compared to being iDevice exclusive.

Android tablets have pretty much sucked to date
I quite like my Nook Color that I flashed w/ Cyanogenmod 7. And I bought my father an Asus Transformer for Father's Day and, wow, it's nice. (Except for a bug in the Honeycomb 3.2 firmware causing a compass warning to pop up in a few apps, but it's Transformer-specific.)

Obviously such things are very much up to personal taste, though. I haven't run into any troubles with software/specific hardware incompatibilities either, but perhaps I've been lucky. Only thing I've not been able to run is cAndy Apple (Apple ][ Emulator) on the Nook.

That said, since this is on the Unity engine, a PC/Mac/Linux release sure would be nice!

Edit: Ninja edited a bunch

Great news. I don't have to but an iDevice now, an Android cellphone which I have been meaning to buy for some time will do.

I should support the other comments about a PC port though. I'd prefer to play this on a PC with a huge monitor and mouse/KBD.

There is not much I can say, but based on what I now know (a) Ossian mentioned interest in Android ... back well over 6 months ago (b) has never committed to anything other than an iPhone release and (c) therefore there is no guarantee of release of an iPad or Android (phone OR tablet) version ...

Back
Top Bottom