Pope Francis describes ‘ideological Christians’ as a ‘serious illness’

There are several scientific statements in there that is absolutely correct
the earth is round...
In the kooran and other religios scripts there are lots of inaccurate statements
like where the sun sets. filosofical maybe but thats not my cup of tea. I like facts.

The bible says the earth has 4 corners. If you like facts and not philosophical statements, tell me how the earth has 4 corners, without diving into a philosophical debate on how it means something else.

IF you start explaining it does not actually mean 4 corners then you're going the wrong way.

The bible says the earth has 4 corners. If you like facts and not philosophical statements, tell me how the earth has 4 corners, without diving into a philosophical debate on how it means something else.

IF you start explaining it does not actually mean 4 corners then you're going the wrong way.

We've been there already in this thread, see my responses to Damian above. To summarize: Most of the old testament authors believed the Earth was flat and square. The author of Isaiah appears to have believed it was a flat disk.

Topcat clearly hasn't had the courtesy to read earlier posts in the thread, before posting that wall of text. And what can one say about it, except that it reflects a very low educational standard that would be seen as scandalous in Europe. My 8 year old nephew has a better command of reason and the English language. But it's pretty typical of 1000s of other posts from YECs on the internet - so I don't imagine it's some kind of spoof; and whilst it's quite funny, I suspect the humor is entirely unintentional.

Last edited:
No, the point with him is that he said he doesn't want to philosophise about it and is looking for facts.

Damian was philosophising, by saying it didn't actually mean 4 corners.

So back to topcat, to explain to me how the earth has 4 corners.

Topcat, those are all good anecdotes, but I don't see anything there that irrefutably proves Christianity as being more believable than the scientific method.

(Pladio)
I do not see that it says the earth has four corners
The sayin "from the four corners of the earth" simply meens to me:
from the whole earth, nothing excluded.
I understand it to be a expression more than a statement.
I could be wrong but thats how I understand it.
If you think that is philosophical, I do not.
I think its the use of an linguistic expression.

Last edited:
(Trasher)
Well, since I have done several years of trying to find evidence for evolution and, not only that it was a total waist of time.
Also, I found that everything I had been taught about earths history was a compleet lie. A fairy tale.
There is a complete contradiction in everything that evolutionists regards as evidence.
Fossils,geological timescale,Nothing shows anything but misleading and false interpretations and distortion of facts.

But I have not found a false statement in the Bible.
That made me open my heart and listen.
Maybe we should start a thread about evidence fore ET ?

Last edited:
Well, Roq
My language scills in English are not heavy, I know that
and maybe I should say I'm sorry.
I'm not living in an englishspoken state.
Looks like you understand me anyhow.

(Pladio)
I do not see that it says the earth has four corners
The sayin "from the four corners of the earth" simply meens to me:
from the whole earth, nothing excluded.
I understand it to be a expression more than a statement.
I could be wrong but thats how I understand it.
If you think that is philosophical, I do not.
I think its the use of an linguistic expression.

Why not just accept that the earth is flat, since that's what is really implied in the bible as everyone knows? You could, for instance, claim that a conspiracy of scientists faked the moon landing just as they fake the theory of evolution, global warming and all those other theories that are so inconvenient to your wonderful faith!

And, after all, if you're prepared to accept the literal truth of the story of Noah's Ark, a flat earth should be even easier to swallow. In fact you could spend the next few years not finding evidence for all scientific theories, by living in a cupboard or something.

Well, Roq
My language scills in English are not heavy, I know that
and maybe I should say I'm sorry.
I'm not living in an englishspoken state.
Looks like you understand me anyhow.

I had assumed that since you were infected by a creationist from FLA (Florida?), you must be from somewhere around there. Also this kind of biblical literalism lunacy mostly stems from backward areas of the US in my experience.

(Trasher)
Well, since I have done several years now searching for evidence for evolution and its always been a waist of time, I don't see your point.
Give me one statemant that sticks!

You say you have proof based on facts and evidence that your religion is true. You provided some anecdotes, but no proof. The scientific method is proven every day.

Well this part I agree with. There's a lack of logic in faith-based beliefs. But that's the point. Some of us would rather believe more firmly in things that have evidence and are scrutable by logic. This is personal choice.

Personally, I am not without faith myself. But I don't try to convince others of something I only have faith in.

However, it's perfectly reasonable to try to convince others of things are demonstrable by logic and reason, like science.

I had assumed that since you were infected by a creationist from FLA (Florida?), you must be from somewhere around there. Also this kind of biblical literalism lunacy mostly stems from backward areas of the US in my experience.

Ha ha ha:lol:
Well Sweden is a state where my english skills doesnt drag me down in
neither biblical literalism nor lunacy.
I can assure you that science contradicts evo-theory more than it does the biblical texts. If you have the heart for it, go and search for yourself.
The only thing I did find, was people calling other people names if they did not just accept the theory. Nobody could produce one source of proof for any of these highly regarded assumptions.

Why not just accept that the earth is flat, since that's what is really implied in the bible as everyone knows? You could, for instance, claim that a conspiracy of scientists faked the moon landing just as they fake the theory of evolution, global warming and all those other theories that are so inconvenient to your wonderful faith!

And, after all, if you're prepared to accept the literal truth of the story of Noah's Ark, a flat earth should be even easier to swallow. In fact you could spend the next few years not finding evidence for all scientific theories, by living in a cupboard or something.

Why on earth are you so hung up?
I have not read anywhere in the bible that someone says the earth is flat.
What's the idea?

I think your biggest obstacle is that you belive you evolved to be this inteligent that you could see wrongs in the history.
Probably it is the otherway around.
As man gets more and more degenerated generation by generation he has lost the ability to see.

Ha ha ha:lol:
Well Sweden is a state where my english skills doesnt drag me down in
neither biblical literalism nor lunacy.
I can assure you that science contradicts evo-theory more than it does the biblical texts. If you have the heart for it, go and search for yourself.
The only thing I did find, was people calling other people names if they did not just accept the theory. Nobody could produce one source of proof for any of these highly regarded assumptions.

Well, if you had followed the thread you would appreciate that science is about evidence not "proof" and there is a lot of evidence for the theory of evolution by natural selection, but none for talking snakes and Noah's ark.

Since you've spent so much time in the last two years reviewing the evidence for evolution you will no doubt tell us *why* science contradicts TOE - otherwise you are just spouting hot air.

And up to now, far from giving "proof" for your beliefs you have just waffled at extreme length about some rather mundane anecdotes concerning yourself. So I'm hardly holding my breath for your refutation or understanding of any scientific theory.

Why on earth are you so hung up?
I have not read anywhere in the bible that someone says the earth is flat.
What's the idea?

No, you probably haven't read the relevant passages. That's no surprise, it's ironic that many creationists and biblical literalists are less familiar with what it actually says in the bible than many atheists are.

Trasher
I gotta know: -The scientific method is proven every day
Yes? and?
Its nice that the method is tried out everyday but...
It did not say that Evolutiontheory is more than a hypothesis,and bad one.
It did not say the bible is untrue.
It did not say that Jesus is not God.

Egad ... not only is there nothing new, but this is just getting depressing. Please stop responding to the religious zealot morons - they have no idea about 'science', 'proof', 'theory', or anything else related to logic or factual evidentiary discovery ... and it simply isn't worth it. Let them enjoy their happy cult.

No, you probably haven't read the relevant passages. That's no surprise, it's ironic that many creationists and biblical literalists are less familiar with what it actually says in the bible than many atheists are.

I think you totaly lost track.
But since you think you are familiar with biblical script
can you tell me where it says The earth is flat?

So Roq
You do have a hard time accepting Noah
If you tell me what part is bugging you, we could have a discussion about that.
The arguments against TET are
Try to find somthing in nature that evolves
It simply does not appear.
Everything falls to pieces, degenerates.
There has never been in the so called fossilrecord evidence for TET that has not been proven wrong in deeper studies.
All the cavemen findings and missing links has been proven wrong, misstakes and even forgery in some cases.
The very existence of fossils are a substantial evidence for a worldwide flood.
So are the existence of oil and coal in the way they exist today.
TET can not be falsified
It can not be observed
It can not be tested
So it does not qualify as science
Historical science maybe if you stretch the limits

So actually TET have the same problems as religion in
Purely philosofical statements untestable through falsification

The Bible though describes many historical events that can be verified through archeology and ancient historians.
As long as you do not find a lie in the bible it makes the credebility grow.
I know that people like Ron Wyatt has been miscredited for a long time but when people start to check his evidence it holds. The find of the place of the redsea crossing has been verified along with the real location of Mt,Sinai in saudiarabia.
The findings of the cities of Sodom&Gomora has been verified. Several Cities and places has been verified. None has been proven wrong!

Back
Top Bottom