JA2 Reloaded - Renamed, Now Jagged Alliance: Back in Action

It's more Now in Action than Back in Action.
Sad. Do they think that the old fan base will be please? or just don't give a f*** about them?!

Even thou the new name fits better with there current direction, its still sad news.
Guess i have to resort to the link of the person above me. ;)

Jagged Alliance: Back Action

Back To The Future ?

Well, in the case of JA2 Releaded rather not ... At least they believe that Action is "The Future" in gaming ...

I wonder if the dropping of the "2" in the name means that it will be less of a "remake" and more of "loosely-based-on" game...

As I said a while back, I have conflicting feelings about the game. On one hand, it saddens me to see the game turn to real-time action. But like BillSeurer I think JA2 still holds up incredibly well, so there's no real need for an actual remake. If that is the case, why not try something new then?

(I know, I'm desperately trying to be optimistic...)

As I said a while back, I have conflicting feelings about the game. On one hand, it saddens me to see the game turn to real-time action. But like BillSeurer I think JA2 still holds up incredibly well, so there's no real need for an actual remake. If that is the case, why not try something new then?

Because if it is true that JA2 still holds up to certain point of view, his graphic is dated and the AI isn't very good (you have to use number of enemy to cover their dumbness). Hired Guns has been a step forward, but it was unfinished.
Turn based hisn't old, is different and a lot of people is looking for a new good TB game.
What Bitcomposer don't understand is that JA2 value was in the mechanics of the game and in his hardcore fans.
Turning it to RTWP means having throw away the money used for the license.

The AI in JA2 is actually quite good compared to any other game out there. Doing AI in an open game is extremely difficult and thus usually the developers pretty much ignore it. In JA2 they actually tried.

The reason the AI seems weak is that after playing a while you learn its strategies and without really thinking about it counteract them. The real weakness is that the strategies never change.

Back
Top Bottom