Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Paid DLC Planned

They could have quite the franchise on their hands, but I agree with most folks that I'd prefer to have real expansions over DLC's. Let's give them a chance first before breaking out the pitchforks!!

-Carn

I'd like to see actual EE released first... then I will decide on DLC.

Here's a suggestion for a BG2 DLC, something that has bothered me for a long time:

- A proper thief character, one who has not been dual classed prior to getting maxed out thief stats. Multi-class would probably be the best choice, as plain thieves tend to be a bit lacking. Either that or simply fix Imoen so I don't have to do it myself every time with Shadow Keeper. Well, every time I don't bring Jan or play a thief myself anyway.
- A good aligned arcane caster, sorcerer or some form of mage. Maybe even a fighter/mage multi-class or berserker/kensai -> dual class mage. The point is: The bad guys have Edwin, the good guys have Imoen or Nalia, and they're both rubbish in comparison.

I'd be willing to pay to see those character, with a solid background story and so on and so forth. Most modded characters that fill those roles tend to either come with no baggage at all or way too much. Proper integration is the key.

BG1 doesn't really lack any specific characters as far as I can recall. The only thing would be a few interesting multi-class or dual class characters.

I wouldn't mind seeing more evil NPCs in BG2... there are only 3 evil NPCs and that's not enough to make a whole party.

I wouldn't mind seeing more evil NPCs in BG2… there are only 3 evil NPCs and that's not enough to make a whole party.

Yep, I agree. My evil parties usually end up the same. Evil based parties does have an advantage though: They may have less options, but those options are overall stronger. Korgan, Edwin and Viconia are all the best at what they do (tank, caster and healer), with top notch stats.

I wouldn't mind seeing more evil NPCs in BG2… there are only 3 evil NPCs and that's not enough to make a whole party.

4 if you have ToB, but yeah, the evil guys have the short end of the stick in this game, especially considering that you can make 2 of those 4 change their alignments.

Edit: removed a spoiler.

I give you my personal guarentee that you won't be seeing fleshed out playable NPCs properly integrated into the full game as DLC.

I'll dip myself in boiling water until it hurts, if I'm wrong.

If ever there was a game that could use DLC, its the BG series. I have no problem paying for more and more IE adventures!

Who didn't see this coming? Let's just hope that Planescape: Torment is spared.

Who didn't see this coming? Let's just hope that Planescape: Torment is spared.
Spared from what? More content? The HORROR!!!!!

Since when is adding content to a classic equal to improving it? A graphical overhaul is one thing but tempering with the contents of PS:T may potentially lead to a huge f**k up. So yeah, The HORROR!!!!! might actually be a probable scenario.

Since when is adding content to a classic equal to improving it? A graphical overhaul is one thing but tempering with the contents of PS:T may potentially lead to a huge f**k up. So yeah, The HORROR!!!!! might actually be a probable scenario.

That's the beauty of new content from a DLC, you don't actually have to play it if you don't want to! You don't even have to buy it or install it!

I'd happily pay for a 5hr new side quest being added to one of the IE games. They're essentially professional mods, and mods are what has kept these games so interesting and relevant for so long.

Last edited:
Yep, I agree. My evil parties usually end up the same. Evil based parties does have an advantage though: They may have less options, but those options are overall stronger. Korgan, Edwin and Viconia are all the best at what they do (tank, caster and healer), with top notch stats.

You got me thinking about Korgan again. God, what a sublimely great character. "Let's see what your guts be looking like!"

I have mixed feelings about DLC for the BG games. After all, it's been 12+ years since they've been released.

I'd rather see them concentrate on developing EE versions of PS:T and the IWD games first.

I have mixed feelings about DLC for the BG games. After all, it's been 12+ years since they've been released.

I'd rather see them concentrate on developing EE versions of PS:T and the IWD games first.

I can agree with that, or a whole new EE game.

Yeah, for extreme BG fans this is great, but seriously, why would I replay an EE version with so many other games in my backlog I haven't played even once?

Yeah, for extreme BG fans this is great, but seriously, why would I replay an EE version with so many other games in my backlog I haven't played even once?

Because an enhanced version of Baldur's Gate is better than most of the shitty games in your backlog. :)

Back
Top Bottom