JA2 Back in Action - Release Set For October

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Jagged Alliance: Back in Action will be released this October. Here's the press release:
Grab Your Guns and Prepare to Go “Back in Action” this Fall

Official release date for military-themed tactical-RPG announced

Ridgewood, NJ, June 8, 2011 -- Kalypso Media and bitComposer games are pleased to announce the official release date for their tactical-RPG, Jagged Alliance: Back in Action, today. The game, a modernized remake of the world famous 1999 strategy classic, Jagged Alliance, is scheduled to land in retail stores on October 18 on Windows PC.

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action is a contemporary remake of the latest title in the much-loved Jagged Alliance series of turn-based mercenary-themed strategy games. Designed from the ground up to offer a modern gaming experience, Back in Action showcases an updated isometric 3D look and interface, highly detailed character models and a variety of new gameplay features.

Back in Action takes players to the fictitious country of Arulco, where a ruthless dictator has seized power and only a small group of rebels stand to resist him. Tasked with freeing the island from the dictator’s iron grip, players will command rebel and mercenary forces while using tactical, diplomatic and economic tools to keep troops supplied and ready for the next flight, all while commanding them directly in nail-biting battles.

Back in Action’s innovative “plan & go” combat system combines real-time strategy (RTS) with turn-based elements to guarantee that the intricacies of tactical warfare are rendered in dynamic, exciting gameplay. This challenges would-be commanders to master not only strategy and tactical combat, but also to maximize their team’s capabilities through RPG-like character advancement.

For more information on the Jagged Alliance series please visit: www.jaggedalliance.com.
More information.

Well I've not been happy with most of what I've heard about this project but tactical RPG is hands down my favorite style of game and not many of those are made anymore. I will continue to keep an eye on this and hope for the best.

Well I've not been happy with most of what I've heard about this project but tactical RPG is hands down my favorite style of game and not many of those are made anymore. I will continue to keep an eye on this and hope for the best.

Same here, we will see in about 5 months.
I truely hope it is good, iam longing for such a game.

It's interesting they market it as tactical RPG instead of strategy game. If I think of it as an RPG it inspires a lot less disappointment somehow to be realtime and simplified. I guess I am used to disappointment with RPGs.

If id want realtime Id play commandos. So now its like commandos with big strategy map. Next they propably want to get rid of that strategic map because it slows down adhd. Canned missions ftw.

I always wanted something like "Commandos", but as TB. No-one ever made this, because we live in the Age Of Action.

JA2 is one of my favorite games and I've probably replayed it at least 20 times since its release date. Sadly the series tends to dump junk products either due to budget cuts or lack of vision on their behalf. This particular game looks superior than the rest though I'd like to see the game truly in action (beyond simple gameplay mechanics videos I've seen) to see how it truly works. What I didn't like seeing in their main video are 4 guys with JA series names but look the same with Igor's avatar picture. :)

Reminds me a bit of fallout tactics. Which in my opinion is higly underestimated, I loved it. Actually it's the one tactical (semi-rpg) game I found to actually rival
JA2, which I of course also worship. The last Fallout game they got right in my opinion...

Got my hopes up for this one. Please for once let it be as good as I want
it to be...

"turn based elements" I honestly don't think I've ever read this combination of words before, but I hope it becomes commonplace in nonsensical game promotion jargon. I could always use a laff.

Heh, that phrase made me laugh, too. Truly stupid.
All the flacks of the world must hang...

"Turn based elements" = "we have skipped/axed TBS completely, but don't dare to admit it because we fear a community backlash".

Dunno if we had it on news, but JA: back in action will be released later than expected, specifically they say first quarter of the next year:
–Release set for Q1 2012–

Eschborn/Worms, August 11, 2011: bitComposer Games and Kalypso Media today announced that Jagged Alliance: Back in Action will be released later than scheduled. This tactical classic will now be available in stores in Q1 2012 for PC (Windows).

Source - official site ofc:
http://www.jaggedalliance.com/en/2011/08/jagged-alliance-back-in-action-postponement-release/

They can release this game 2099 - after all I heard from this game it is on my personal "ignore-list".

Back
Top Bottom