Risen 2 - Anti-Warp Mod Released

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Thanks to vurt for letting us know that the phenomenon many players consider Risen 2's biggest technical issue can now be removed with a new mod. I'm still not sure if it's a bug or a feature. The thread at WoR has the details:
AntiWarp is a Risen 2 modification that increases the high quality view ranges for SpeedTrees, thus enhancing the game's graphics and getting rid of the "warping"/"morphing" effect (in the original game, bushes and trees seem to grow when the camera approaches them). Optionally the mod also increases the absoulte view range for SpeedTrees.

There are four different versions of AntiWarp, intended to provide a good balance batween performance and graphics quality for every user.
More information.

Works like a charm -> I can play Risen 2 now!

As I said a few times I simply like the baloon behaving plants, so I'm not installing this! :D

are you working for PB ?

No. But damnit I wish I did. As you'd never see me trying to convince you into something that can't be true, recently stated in a certain interview, goes something like this: "I don't care about my past pet projects since I adore my job at Blizzard on no story/no quests/just clickfest game".

No. But damnit I wish I did. As you'd never see me trying to convince you into something that can't be true, recently stated in a certain interview, goes something like this: "I don't care about my past pet projects since I adore my job at Blizzard on no story/no quests/just clickfest game".

Why is that guy's statement patently untrue? He said he has no desire.to run his own company anymore. Maybe he has a cushy, low-stress gig as a cog in a big machine that delivers a fat, steady paycheck and gets him home at 5. While I still have a job with crazy hours, maybe he has come to realize, as I have, that what is really important is waiting for him at home, not in the office.

its the fact he mentioned passion just before that

I haven't played the game. But after watching the screenshots I can't say I care much about this mod.

Fantastic, absolutely. Must have.

I don't see much improvement in the screenshots (at least the first set). We need video to compare the before and after plant morphing effects.

I haven't played the game. But after watching the screenshots I can't say I care much about this mod.
Screenshots are definitely not sufficient to appreciate this mod.

So this is a fan patch not from Deep Silver/Piranha bytes.

its the fact he mentioned passion just before that

i see what you are driving at. But I guess I am suggesting work doesn't have to be his life's passion. Maybe he's found a.passion outisde of work and is happy for work to be only the means to support that new passion. Maybe he is happy not making art at work and simply punching the clock to get home.

I never contested this fact. Its just a sad state to be in, you're making yourself look bad. Why not just avoid speaking in public :)

I never contested this fact. Its just a sad state to be in, you're making yourself look bad. Why not just avoid speaking in public :)

Im not so sure it's such a sad state to be in. Im also not at all sure I'm the one who looks bad here.

Yeah, properly moving tree leaves have always been the true essence of PB-s games. I mean if Gothic had speedtree, we would be talking about a 10/10 GOTY of the century ffs.

/sarcasm

Couldn't care less about speedtree tbh.

not you captain, him. its generally speaking

not you captain, him. its generally speaking

I see. My mistake. Apologies. This is all off topic anyway. :p

I was initially excited about Risen 2 but haven't gotten it yet, after getting scared off by reading voodoo was really just a quest.gimick used at predetermind points in certain quests. Also, the combat sounds pretty sucky. I am not interested in guns, other than shooting people in dialogues. :p

I'm holding off to see if the Game.of Thrones.RPG is any good. Combat there looks interesting. I'll probably get Risen 2 as a gold edition now. Too bad, since I was really looking forward to being a pirate with a trained monkey. :p

Perhaps i shouldn't judge, as I haven't played the game myself yet, but i find it strange tyey changed the combat to something nearly everyone finds vastly inferior to Risen. Why not just leave melee combat as it was? I really liked human-vs.-human fights in Risen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom